"Er... Rose called me to come tell you there's some snacks on the table." She said slowly, hurt evident in her small voice, her eyes still glued to my hands.

"OK." I replied while smiling at her. She looked up and smiled. But her eyes and her face were the polar opposite; she was no doubt putting a brave face, but her eyes were sad, disappointed. I wanted so badly at that moment to let go of Dana and wrap her small body in my towering frame. She'd fit like a glove.

Of course she would. After all, she's made for me.

Rosemarie's Point of View

I set the salad bowls out on the dining table. "If you guys don't come now, the food is going to get cold," I said. Instantly, Lily arrived in the room, practically skipping. Demetri and Dana followed her.

"Why so jumpy now?" Demetri asked, Dana by her side. They sat down at the round table. Lily's face was slightly distorted with pain but she up a brave pretence and smiled widely while blushing slightly, "Rose just makes the best food!"

"I take that as a compliment then." I laughed while pulling out a chair and took a seat sitting down on a chair. The rest soon sat and I cleared my throat. Lily and Dana bowed their heads and clasped their hands together simultaneously. Demetri looked at us questioningly.

"Prayers," I explained. He nodded.

"You guys don't seem terribly religious," He said. Dana peeked at him, opening one eye.

"It's tradition," She added. Lily nodded. We then all bowed our heads prayerfully.

"Bon appétit" The girls and I chorused after we had said ' Amen'. We then look at Demetri expectantly. He raised an eyebrow yet again.

"Bon appétit?" He said, the words coming out more like a question than a statement. I tilted my head and raised an eyebrow. He sighed, "Bon appétit!" Dana giggled at him as if he was cutest thing ever while I rolled my eyes. I watched them slowly dig into the salad.

"This is good!" He complimented as he took another mouthful. I shake my head while laughing as I take a spoonful of my own salad. Demetri finished him quickly as asked for seconds. I shook my head. Boys.

I grabbed another salad-spoon full of the chicken Caesar salad and dumped it into Demetri's bowl. I walked over to his seat and handed it to him. As he took it from my hands, his fingers brushed mine. A shiver ran down my spine as my fingers came in contact with his cold one, and sparks flew from where his finger had barely grazed by.

I looked at him expectantly. He didn't even raise his eyes up to look at me, he just continued digging into his food like a man who hadn't ate in days. I frowned. Did he not feel that? The sparks that had erupted when he touched me, as cliché as that sounds?

Or was it just me?

I shook my head. Perhaps it was just one too many of those pain relievers.  

Demetri's Point of View

I stared at the picture at the end of the hallway. It was a picture of Lily and her ex at the beach, cuddling together on a blanket as they watched the sun set, the sky splattered with magical colors of gold, pink and orange. I guess Lily's ex was a romantic guy.  I sighed.

Deciding that I've seen enough of the photos, I walked in the direction back to Dana's room. I was staying over tonight, since the painting guys were still working on my apartment upstairs, and Dana offered me her room. I was probably going to sleep on the ground — vampires do actually sleep, mind you — since I didn't want to invade her space or her privacy.

As I walked over to Dana's room, I heard a beautiful voice singing. "You belong with me-e, e; you belong with me." Although I wasn't exactly a big fan of Taylor Swift, hearing Lily sing it made me instantly fall in love with the song. I wanted to sing that to her. Well, not really. I wanted to say that to her. To tell her that there was nothing going on with Dana and she was mine — and mine only.

Lily continued jamming onto the Taylor Swift hit, and I decided to pay her a little visit.

I chuckled and went over to her room. There was a small gap, but it was enough for me to see her. Rose was jamming on her guitar and humming softly on the song while Lily sang the lead.

It had surprised me how Rose changed from the nerdy girl to a confident and open person. I mean, she was there sitting quietly, jotting down notes in history class, then suddenly there she was jumping up and down with her guitar singing Taylor Swift songs with Lily. Oh well, funny how people changes.

I went back to Dana's room and knocked at the door twice like she told me. I didn't understand why she had asked me to knock twice, though, but whatever, not that knowing twice required much trouble anyways. There was a shuffling sound before she replied, "Come in!"

I opened the door and turned around to close the door. After closing the door shut, I turn around and gasped.

"Dana?"

Rosemarie's Point of View [yes, again, I know, a lot of POV changes]

"Suppers ready!" I called out after I had placed the slice of pop tart on the plastic Ikea plate. Lily was already off to bed with a pop-tart in her tummy. I did a few more since Dana always eat one before she sleeps, too.

I waited for a minute before calling for Dana, but she didn't come out from her room. I groaned in frustration. Sometimes Dana was like this. She has to be called personally then only she'll come and eat. Sometimes, it got worse. She'd ask for supper in bed, with a glass of milk.

Not that I could blame her. She grew up in a mansion in California, spoilt by her millionaire dad.

I walked down the hallway and went to the door, the plate of pop-tart in my hand. I opened the door without bothering to knock. But halfway opening the door, Dana's sexual moan startled me. "Demmie," She groaned. I stared at her shock. Demetri was below her in only his boxers while Dana was on top of him in her lingerie. Demetri's hands were somewhere-I-do-not-what-to-mention while Dana nibbled his ear. I let out a squeak and that's when Dana noticed my presence.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" I squeaked while slamming the door quickly. I turned around and slid down against the wall, the pop-tart forgotten and left to fall onto the floor.

My mind was officially scarred for life. Then only did I realize the pain that was gurgling in my stomach was not part of my PMSing. I banged my head back against the wall as I whimpered softly in pain. My heart ached thought I had no idea why.

What was I feeling? What was this... could this be... jealousy and hurt.

I shook my head as I wiped away a few stray tears that had fallen on my cheeks. Jealousy and hurt were only for people who liked another person.

I didn't like Demetri. Lily did. Dana did. How could I compete with both of them? And for Lily to like someone, it would mean that the special someone was indeed very special.

Then why do I feel like this for him? I questioned myself.

Physical attraction, I thought silently to myself.

Nothing more. Demetri was nothing more but good-looking. A girl somehow just gets a little heart-somersaulting going on when she sees a hot guy, right? Like how a girl reacts when they see Ian Somerhalder on TV?

But for some reasons, when I went to sleep that night, I felt like I was lying to myself.

Author's Note:

Second chapter up! I hope you guys liked that, please comment below, and click that little star button =) Thanks for reading!

Love,

kky_claud