FIFTEEN

chapter fifteen together again

chapter fifteen
together again...
amid the ruins

Not long after, the civil war sight came into view, it made me feel relief, especially when I see Mike and Bonnie. Knowing that people had made it helped me have hope that everyone did. But once we got closer, it seemed like it was only them.

"It had been so long. We were starting to worry no one else would make it." Bonnie speaks up when we reach their side. "And you, Isabelle. We all thought you were dead"

"Yeah, I've heard. So no one else is here yet?"

"Well, besides..." I follow Mike's eyes towards Kenny sitting on the fountain. Sarita laid in his lap and from the state of her my guess was that she's been bit.

"Now, hopefully, we can figure out a plan," Bonnie says, bringing my attention back to her.

"How's Sarita?" Clementine asks but Mike nor Bonnie answer her instead just look at each other.

"I tried to talk to Kenny and he flipped out on me. Started yelling. Scary shit." Mike answers but avoids the question

"I know he probably didn't mean it. But it was scary." Bonnie agrees.

"I've been nervous to even go near him."

"What, you think he's gonna shoot you?" Jane asks him.

"The way he is right now? I dunno. Maybe. He's not acting rationally." Mike responds to her, sending chills down my spine.

"He's just...he's not thinking straight," Bonnie concludes

"Somebody's gotta do something. We can't just keep sitting here forever." He complained as we all glanced slightly at Clementine. If anyone could get through to Kenny, it had to be her.

"I hate to say it, but Sarita's on her way out. She's probably gonna turn soon." Mike admits, he was just saying what we were all thinking

"Is, uh... Is he gonna take care of her?"

"Jane!" Rebecca snaps at her.

"I know it's not pretty, but it's better than the alternative."

"It's not our decision to make!" Rebecca exclaims

"But it's the one that's gotta be made. We're already up the creek enough without a walker to worry about." Mike cuts in.

"This isn't the first time Kenny's seen someone get bit." Clementine explains