THIRTEEN

chapter thirteensomeone you love or someone you lovedflashback

chapter thirteen
someone you love or someone you loved
flashback

I stood outside near the gates, looking at the small cross that laid before me, flowers covering it with photos of my mother on it.

It had been a week since I had been given the news about my mothers death, I hadn't spoken to anyone since it happened. Bonnie had tried but I would just keep walking, like i'd talk to her then anyone.

Luke just longingly looked at me every now and then but he knew I didn't want to speak, Rebecca stood beside me as we watched the grave together.

"We're leaving tonight, Issy. We can't stay here, not after what he did to Janet" Rebecca whispers, her eyes wonder making sure no one was listening in.

I didn't want to stay here anymore, but I didn't want to leave the people here that were still loyal to Carver, they were my friends but what Rebecca was offering, well, they were my family.

"Count me in" I whisper as I looked over at her "I need to get the fuck out of here"

She nods as she walks away and leaves me with my mums grave. I bend down as my fingers lift to trace along her name carved in the wood. Nick carved her grave with the help of his mum, I'm glad that I still had my aunt around but it wasn't the same as my mum.

I wanted to kill Carver, he didn't deserve to breathe air while my mum was six feet under. She didn't deserve to be buried here, in this psychos place. I stand from the cross and make my way inside.

— — —

As the hours pass my heart seemed to pick up pace, the thought of leaving this place was terrifying but refreshing at the same time, starting something new when we were outside those walls.

I couldn't help but crave it, i craved not having to watch what I say or do, craved not fearing the life of my friends and family. I needed out of here even if that meant betraying some people who were against this.

The room that I shared with Luke was always empty when I entered, maybe he knew what times I returned and didn't want a fight to happen and I was grateful for that the first couple of times but not having my best friend around sucked.

For instance, when I entered our room a mere five seconds ago, I wanted to see him on his bed with his back to me even, not even turning from the sound of the door. Just his presence helped me, but no doubt he'd come in when I have fallen asleep like he always does and leave before I woke up.