Chapter 1

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Ugh," I groaned as I slid the screen on my phone to silence my alarm.

I stretched and after a minute I reluctantly get myself out of my bed. I hate Monday mornings.

I walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Yep, just as I suspected. My hair is like a rat's nest and I had drool on my left cheek. What a lovely way to begin my day.

I got dressed, brushed my teeth, hair and then went to wake up my roommate, Electra. She just so happened to be my best friend too.

"Get up, Sparky!" I tell my roommate, shaking her to wake up. I have to get up first or I will not have any time to do anything.

"Five more minutes, Faun," grumbled my roommate.

"You're gonna be late and won't get to pick the seat in the back corner, the farthest seat away from the front in science class,"

"Fine," Electra got out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

"Oh and I'm going to breakfast. It's going to get to crowded otherwise."

"Grab me some berries and yogurt will ya?"

"Sure, Sparky,"

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?"

"As any times as I tell you that I never change into flies so you won't freak out."

She tried to say something else but I was already outside the dorm.

You see Electra and I go to a school for the "gifted," but what it really is, is a boarding school to keep anyone with "super powers" away from the government.

Honestly I could care less about whatever the government thinks of me. I was tired of all that crap about wanting me to be safe. I can protect myself just fine thank you very much.

I ran down the hall and into the elevator. Ah alone to think my thoughts in peace.

I got down to the mess hall and dashed to grab some yogurt and berries for Electra and myself. What it was the breakfast of champions.

"Good morning Ms. Fauna. How are you doing on this fine morning?" asked the lady at the register.

"I'm doing great how are you?" I asked her as she swiped my card.

"That is sweet that you care sugar pea, I'm just fine." She handed back my card and yelled, "NEXT!"

I sat at an empty table and almost literally wolfed down my food.

"Oh look if it isn't Fauna, the like lovable animal girl," a certain annoying valley girl accent said.

"Is that Emma, the witch who can levitate inanimate objects? And I can change my appearance as well as turn into animals."

"Hmph, but I'm the one that like is dating like the hottest guy in like the whole school,"

"That is fantastic Emma! Now if you don't mind, I prefer to surround myself with people that don't say the word 'like' in every sentence." I smiled innocently as the witch stormed off to her table of evil.

"Nice way to get rid of the pests that make this school a living hell," said an unmistakable voice behind me.

"Hey River," I didn't even have to turn around to know that Electra's twin brother was standing over my shoulder.

"I'm never gonna be able to sneak up on you am I?"

"Not unless I lose my memory genius."

"Oh someone's gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. It's like you got hit with lightening, speaking of which, where is my baby sister?"

"I'm right behind you water boy," Electra walks up from behind and smacks her brother upside the head.

"Well hello dear sister. How are you this fine morning? I was just chatting with this beautiful Mètamorphe, who just so happens to also be your best friend."

"Aren't you supposed to be with your little posse of 'cool' people?" I asked as I air quoted cool.

"You're right later!"

"Thank you for getting rid of that nightmare," Electra said as she ate her yogurt.

"He thinks he is so high and mighty," I say then imitate a gagging noise.

"Haha that's funny!"

"Why thank you," I say doing a sassy hair flip like a boss.

"We should start to head class 'cause I don't wanna be stuck in the front, especially when we are learning about electricity,"

"I understand completely Sparky. I felt the same way in biology,"

"Come on."

She grabbed my arm and we rushed into class. We were the first ones there of course because we hated attention and sitting in the front. By being in the back no one would look at us and we would pay attention because neither of us can lose our perfect student titles.

"Fauna Mètamorphe please come to the office." The speaker had announced through the whole school.

"I have to go see what they want," I stood up and went to the office.

What the hell do they want now?

A/N: And that is the first chapter written by Hannlzy the next chapter will be written by the lovely @TheBookMistress until next time my friends farewell {^.^}