ii. in the morning

Sweet little white lies
Your sweet little white lies
Leave a bad taste in my mouth

ii. in the morning

Gemini started the day by making breakfast for herself and Charlie, who was upstairs in his bedroom a little bit nervous about coming downstairs and facing Gemini

Gemini smiled, knowing that Charlie would come walking down the stairs due to the smell of her cooking.

And two minutes later, Charlie did precisely just that and walked into the kitchen to find Gemini placing two plates of sausage, bacon, and eggs, with hot buttered toasts on the table.

"Good morning, Charlie," Gemini said, taking a seat at the table.

"Good morning, Gemini. You didn't have to cook." Charlie said as he took a seat at the table.

"You can't cook, and there's no way I was going to let you take me to a diner to eat breakfast that I could make myself." She said.

Charlie raised an eyebrow.

"How did you know that's what I had planned?" He asked.

Gemini knew there was no way she could tell him that since she woke up this morning, she could now hear his thoughts, so she lied to him.

"You look like you can't cook." She answered.

Charlie smiled.

"I've never been useful around the kitchen. My daughter, Bella, used to do the cooking before she got married, and Sue drops off groceries and cooked meals for me sometimes." He said.

"You poor thing." She said as they started eating.

Gemini's nose started itching as she smelled something approaching the house.

There was a knock on the door before it opened, and a huge man walked in, carrying a basket.

"Hey, Charlie! My mom wanted me to give you your meals for today." The man said, walking into the kitchen before freezing once he saw Gemini.

Gemini wiggled her nose, now knowing what the man was, and smiled.

"Hi," Gemini said.

"Gemini, meet Seth. Seth is Sue's son. Seth meets Gemini; she's new in town." Charlie said, introducing the two.

Gemini waved at Seth.

"It's nice to meet you, Seth," Gemini said.

"Hi, You're beautiful... I mean, it's nice to meet you too, Gemini. Cool name, by the way." Seth said.

She smiled even more.

"And now I like you even more." She said.

Charlie smiled.

"Seth, why don't you eat the breakfast your mom made and join us?" Charlie asked.

Seth smiled.

"Sure." He answered, opening the basket and pulling out the packaged breakfast. He looked at Gemini, sniffing the air but slightly frowned when the scent around her disappeared.

Gemini stared at him.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Me? Yeah, I'm okay." He replied as he started eating.

We ate in silence until Charlie announced he was going to work and that Seth should show me around.

Charlie left first, off to the police station.

After he left, Seth and Gemini sat at the old square oak table in two of the three unmatching chairs.

Gemini examined his small kitchen, dark paneled walls, bright yellow cabinets, and white linoleum floor.

"This place needs major improvements," Gemini said as Seth stared at her.

"You look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?" Seth asked.

Gemini shooked her head no.

"Trust me, and if you knew me, you wouldn't be able to forget me." She replied.

"Do you want to hang out?" Seth asked.

"There's someone I want to find." She answered.

"Who?" Seth asked curiously.

"Tiffany Call," Gemini answered.