The Kiss

After the intense session of confessing her love, Mabel felt very flustered. It was as if she had simply been drunk. The dizzying confidence she felt left her with a feeling of intense regret, causing her eyes to flash with pain as Mr. Park looked to the ground. Mabel took a step back as she watched Mr. Park's hands dive over his head. He leaned back and groaned. Mabel took that as a sign that he hadn't wanted to hear what she said. She left the classroom at that moment, turning and rushing out with her backpack on her right shoulder. She left and walked fast paced away from the lecture hall.

Returning to her dorm, Mabel saw her room mate cooking a meal of rosemary seasoned chicken on the stove top.
"Hi Mabel!" She said with a grin on her face.
"Hey Rosie! What's with the chicken you've got there?"
"Oh, I meant to tell you earlier, and I'm sorry I didn't. My boyfriend is actually coming over for a date. You don't have to leave the dorm in the meantime, and I made some extra for you. I'm sorry about not telling you!"
Mabel smiled. "You didn't have to tell me Rosie, I actually have some extra homework that I have to finish, so I can just go sit in the dorm lounge to do that. It's no problem at all!"
Rosie's worried expression changed into a grin.
"Thank you Mabel, I'm so happy we're roommates!"
Mabel shook her head.
"It's really no problem. I'm glad for you, for having a boyfriend and such, also, I'm happy we're roommates too!"
Mabel went to her room to change into some more lounge worthy clothes. She gathered her books and school materials, ate some of the chicken Rosie had made, (which was fabulous), and then she headed downstairs to the lounge.

The dorm lounge was a cozy room at the very entrance of the dorm. There was a fireplace with a blazing fire and plenty of couches and tables for doing homework. Settling down into a cozy position, she removed her laptop to begin her homework. Mr. Park had assigned a two page essay to be written for art history. Mabel scratched her head. It was annoying to have an assignment like that, because she felt like she hadn't soaked in all of the material yet. She reviewed her notes, playing soft piano music in her ears to compliment her thoughts. She loved listening to Erik Satie. Gymopedie no. 1 was a great song to compliment any situation she was in in terms of homework. But today, the music took her back to what she had said earlier. Her heart pounded quickly in her chest as she recapped his body touching her. His legs brushing up against hers as she stood between them. Who knew such small amounts of physical touch could impact someone so greatly? She had a bit of headache from the thought of all of it. It gave her a bit of fear. What more would she do when confused with the drug of Mr. Park? He felt like a drug in the moment. Mabel shook her head and went back to focusing on her homework.
But focus was hard to do. It was as of the notes she had taken were touched with Mr. Park's significant essence, each word had been spoken by him after all, and she simply imagined him lecturing and speaking each word. The artist Raphael on his lips as he moved closer and closer to her, dizzyingly close. Clair de Lune played in her ear as she envisioned him walking step by step towards her. Her face heated, her body pounding with want of him. His eyes carried the same sense of longing that she had seen when he had made eye contact. She would step up from her chair, the lecture hall only inhabited by the two of them. She would move her face close to his, so close, heat could be felt from his heavy breathing. She would dangle her lips over his. He would have a sharp intake of breath before closing his eyes and moving into her.
Mabel snapped out of it as she realized where she was going with this. It needed to stop. Now, she thought, it needed to stop now. She had to focus on the importance of her major. What she had come to college to do. She needed to learn the material, not Mr. Park's possible movements when alone with him!

As it grew later, the sun began to set. Mabel had actually, surprisingly, finished her homework. She had changed the music to more upbeat kind of music, and she had in the process blocked Mr. Park from her mind. He was a lovely thought, but not one she should confuse with her homework. She had begun to realize how difficult her first year would be if she continued on that track. Looking at her watch, she saw that it read 7:30 pm. Her throat had gotten very dry from the focus she had forced herself into.
"I should probably get a drink or something." She said with a cough. Walking over to the vending machines, she put her card into the soda machine. Pressing on the water button, she watched as the machine dispatched it into the dispenser. Suddenly she heard a deep "Oh." Behind her. Whirling around, she saw the person who she least wanted to see in the moment. Her body obviously said otherwise, but she knew it would be dangerous for his presence to be there.
Mr. Park stood there, dashing and handsome as ever. Mabel's heartbeat quickened, her words caught in her throat. Her awareness heightened as she remembered what she was wearing. She wore a pair of black booty shorts, sneakers, and a zip up jacket which hung down to reveal her bare shoulder.
"Hello sir." She said with a smile. She would play this off. "Getting an energy drink? At this time of day?"
He laughed. He seemed to ease up from her chill talking.
"Yeah, I actually have to stay up late grading papers."
The silence was deafening between them.
Neither knew what to say, or who should speak first. So Mabel did the favor of obliging.
"Mr. Park, I'm extremely sorry about earlier. I should really be focusing on your class, and I want you to forget what I said."
Mr. Park smiled.
"Focus? I don't know if that'll be possible for you to do. Especially after this."
Mr. Park moved several steps closer to her. Mabel's heart fluttered, her stomach turned to mush. His body went inches away from her's as he leaned in. His hand went to her ear, he gazed into her eyes, carrying that same hungry expression she had seen before. Stroking hair behind her ear, his other hand corralled her in, leaving hardly an inch of space between them.
"Mr. Park, someone might see us!" Mabel whispered.
That same charming grin dotted his face again.
"They might see us? Well, that's true. But my mind is too clouded with you to care." Leaning in, the scene Mabel had imagined minutes before played itself into action, almost as if she had manifested the whole thing. Her back pushed against the vending machine, Mr. Park pressed his soft lips hard against her own. She didn't know what to do, but Mr. Park seemed to know exactly what to do. His lips moved soft and hard against her own, her lips responded, opening against his tongue, seeking entrance to seek out her own. Her arm moved upwards, but his hand didn't allow for that and quickly shot up to retrieve it and put it against his chest. "Keep it there." He whispered, breaking free for a moment before moving back into action. His knees moved inwards between her legs, each brush creating sparks similar to what she had felt earlier, but so much more heightened. The whole experience felt hotter than the fire crackling in the lounge. Breaking free to breathe, Mabel gasped and looked Mr. Park in the eye. His eyes were shot with intensity she had never seen. Mabel gasped out a quick: "I should go now." She broke free of his cage, and strutted out of the vending machine room, body screaming at her to return. She could feel Mr. Park watching her departure. But she didn't care, she had to go to her dorm, she was too confused to continue with her actions.