Then suddenly she feels herself being pulled backwards, two arms around her waist pressing into a warm embrace.

"I am here, please"

She heard Taehyung's pleading voice near her ear, his hands tighten around her as she weakly tries to free herself.

"Let go of me!", she half-shouts at him, squirming around his strong arms as she tries to free herself again, but her body seems to betray her when it slowly leans into his embrace.

"Please...."

As much as she wants to fight him, another part of her feels relieved when he caught her. It is a blind fight that she desperately wants to lose and just give into the comfort she needs. She needs him. She really needs him but she is conflicted with her own feelings.

"Don't fight me", Taehyung leans on her shoulder, hugging her tighter as he pleads. "Please let me take care of you"

Taehyung feels the way her tensed body slowly softens, her hands no longer grabbing his to free herself. Then he hears it, the painful silent sobs coming out of her and that pains him. He was about to speak when she suddenly goes limb and somehow, his mind goes blank and both falls to the ground.

He doesn't let go of her but slowly coaxes her to turn around.

"Haru....", he desperately searches for her eyes, heart beating painfully as he feels for her. "I am sorry"

She shakes her head, giving into her needs and buries her face into his chest and grabs onto his jacket.

"Just hold me", she cries, clutching on his jacket so tightly as if she will disappear if she lets go. "I just....I just—"

"I am here"

He wraps his arms around her, pulling her closer into his embrace. And just like that, she breaks into tears, loud painful sobs that breaks his heart . Every time she sobs to herself, it feels like someone just cuts through his heart. It is almost he can feel every gist of pain she is feeling, and it makes him weak and completely defeated.

It feels forever of them sitting on the sand in the dark with only the dim light of the moon beaming upon them. It might have been an hour but none of that matters. Taehyung didn't even let go of her, not even for one second as she cries to herself. He listened to everything she said amidst her loud sobs.

She spilled every thought locked in her head ; the anger towards her parents, the resentment towards everyone who lied to her, the yearning for her parents' love, the need to feel like she has a family to turn to, the remorse of blaming herself for being neglected by her parents, the sadness that ate her silently at the revelation of everything—and more.

Whenever her sobs get louder and heavier, he tightens his grip around her as if she is his anchor and not the other way around. She leans onto him for strength but he needs her in order to be the strength she needs.

"Haru", he caresses the back of her head, gently pulling her into a hug. "I am sorry"

-

Back in the warm comfort of the big house, having ordered some food for the both of them, Taehyung patiently waits in front of the room Haru is using to freshen up. He didn't want to just barge in knowing how sensitive she is right now, so he waits outside. The silence around him as he waits is so agonizing to the point it feels like space is slowly swallowing him alive.