𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

Emma turned her back where Jake's mom stood. She approached. "Hi Mrs Harley nice to meet yah!" outstretched her hand. "You must be Jake's mom finally we've met".

"And you must be Emma, am I right? Jake told me that you are the craziest girl and Belle's sister".

"He did, didn't he? well, that I am. My mom loves to buy your things online. I'm afraid her package it's on its way".

Jake's mom chuckled. "Thank you for purchasing Emma. Tell your mom about that. Are you two hungry? I brought some salad, plenty of meat, mashed potato, pita.. if you two want".

"Thank you Mrs Harley". Belle smiles. "Jake probably needs it more than us".

Emma nodded. "You know how my mom pretends to communicate with animals? Apparently, they don't like being eaten as she said it to me when I was a kid". Jake's mom looks shocked. Snickering.

"Okay. It's kinda weird and weird thing happened today. How about some juice?"

"Great".

Katherine hands the girl juice, then she goes back for Belle by touching her back body with a smile. Emma sits at the window, drinking her juice without bothering to interrupt the conversation.

"For how long Jake will stay in hospital, Mrs. Harley?" ask Belle.

"I don't know, the doctor said it will take a while to recover because of the fracture he had". Katherine stares at Jake. "Tough day. Innit?"

Belle nod yes. "It was entirely my fault".

"Oh honey. It was Jake's fault who didn't he carefully as he took steps. It happened. Nothing you can't blame yourself".

Emma nodded and didn't say anything. She enjoyed drinking her juice. "What can I say, my Jake can't go to school for now on".

"I am sorry".

Jake's dad Mr. Harley burst himself inside the room, it was their first time the girls had met the true businessman, whatever state he worked for.

Standing right in front of their eyes, the girls hurried their feet meeting him in person.

"Hello, darling". said Katherine, the wife. "Hungry?"

He nodded. "A bit. Who are these girls?" ask him to his wife. "Jake's friends?"

"This is Belle and Emma. Of course they are friends from school but not Belle, she is more than friends. She belongs to Jake".

Jake's mom's words make Belle and Jake blush. His dad turned to him, smirking. "Are you serious Jake? my son".

"Your future daughter-in-law of course dad. Don't you like Belle?"

His dad turned to Belle, his eyes studied her then back to his son. "Give me a reason why Jake. Are you intending to make her your wife?"

"After graduating, yes. Of course".

"All right". Jake's dad walks toward the girls. "Clearly I hear so much about you both especially (eyes to Belle) especially you. You got him. I am impressed".

Emma approaches the man. "Emma Evigan, nice to meet yah". Her hand stretched again to him. "Love your perfume. What is that scent of death?"

"Polo. Does this smell make you sick?" he asked.

Shake head. "Oh, no. I love it. Expensive I guess of course you can afford it. I buy the cheapest one that could kill someone with it".

"Really? like what, smashed the bottle on top of their head".

Emma smirking, said. "No. Force them to drink it. Obviously". Jake's dad laughs.

"I kinda like you. Of course, the two of you and my future daughter-in-law. I barely imagined where my son had found you two".

"Coincidence, sir". Emma wink. "They're in love".

Jake's dad nodded. "I can see that". His eyes now turn to Belle, he smiles as he looks at her.

Both Belle and Emma are beautiful, but Jake chooses Belle rather than Emma, wisely. His son got his own taste like him.

"Nicholas T. Harley. Like my wife says, have you two planned anything for your future?"

Jake and Belle shrugged. He turned back to Emma. "You amuse me, so tell me if you know more about me Ms. Evigan".

"Just Emma. I don't know. Just hear people say what you are, just one question I would love to ask you sir.. why Colorado?"

Smiles. He looked down to his wife then back to Emma. "You got me there Ms. Evigan".

"Green trees, beautiful lakes, and tourism attractions. I can't believe your family decided to stay, there's nothing in here I bet".

"I love nature, Ms. Emma. I chose wisely of my decision. Thank you for asking. If it wasn't me deciding Jake won't be to see you two in here".

Belle looks up at Jake's dad. "Are you three moving back to New York?"

"I'll think about that. Our house is almost ready (smile) don't worry about my son Ms. Belle. I'll make sure he keeps in touch with you".

"I don't think your son will be Mr. Harley". she said. "I am just a burden to him".

Jake roughly got up from bed after her word but he couldn't. He's in pain and wants Belle to stop talking ridiculous.

"Don't you ever say that Belle! you are not my burden. I will never stop loving you".

"Great. The new Romeo and Juliet are reborn". Emma and Mr. Harley laugh. "In that case can Belle stay with you guys in New York?"

"If she wants. Better school we can afford it".

Belle bowed her head down. Soon or later the Harley's will move back to New York. She does not want to lose Jake not like this. But it's for his own good too, Gibson will not touch him anymore.

Neither one of them believes this is what Gibson is doing.

"Nah. I am staying where I belong, thank you. Appreciate that". Belle smiles. "And besides, my best friend needs me here". She wraps her arm to Emma. "We are sisters".

Decker's home. Late evening. Belle's parents find out about Jake, whom he must get therapy for so then he could be normal again. Bone fracture was the painful thing to live on with.

Poor Jake.

"Sounds like that boy had been hit by a truck. How's it possible that he became like that?" said Belle's mom. "I cannot stand living like that. Barely move and feel hopeless".

Belle's dad spoke. "You mean bedridden? Once you've been bedridden it takes a year to be normal. We should pay a visit this week if we are not busy". he wink at his daughter. "Do not worry my dear poisoned daughter, just pray for him".

"You sound like he's been suffering to die for so long". Belle snorted. "I like that".

Belle's mom tapped her finger on the table, like she was counting on it. She said, "Sounds terrible. I mean very horrible".

"I believe someone had pushed him mom".

"Who?" their eyes stare at each other. "Oh no Belle. Do not tell me it was Mr. Gibson who pushed that boy!"

Belle screams. "Then who else will do that mom!? He's the reason why Jake became like that. That day they both are seeing each other after class, since I know something is wrong and it's gonna happen, not me but Jake".

"We talk about this Belle. Do not point out anything to your English teacher. We are doing great beside you need to prove that Mr. Gibson is guilty or else we have to put that thought away".

She was shocked as Belle slammed the fist on the table. Belle really wants to scream.

"I believe what I believe mom! so I will point this matter out to him. He will not stop until he gets me!"

"Belle? hush! eat your dinner".

Belle's dad sighs. "Your mom is right Belle. We need proof so then the Harley's can bring him justice for their son". patted her hand.

"Eat. You feel better after this, your mom cooks your favorite food. It's not polite if you don't eat it". he smiled.