9: Demigod Secrets, a Rainy Day, and Some Blue Jellybeans

"Someone get water!" I yelled. "We need to Iris message Grace."

"Lester's probably already there," Alyssa said.

"Doesn't matter," I interrupted. "We gotta talk to her."

I looked around, but there didn't seem to be any fountains or anything else that we could use. "Ugh. We need to talk to her."

It turned out that Lester wasn't gone long. He appeared back in front of us a short moment later, and promptly sat on a bench, rubbing his hand through his hair.

"Well. It's been a while since that happened." Lester turned to look at me. "How did you know that Grace had a boyfriend?"

I shrugged. "I notice things."

"I am certain she has dirt on everyone at camp," Alyssa added.

"Pretty close at least," I laughed. But then I grew serious, and turned to Lester. "What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. She's a great oracle, but those are the rules."

"Can't you just change the rules?" Xander asked. "You are the god of prophecies right?"

Lester glanced at Xander. "The thing is, love can be distracting. And if I start making exceptions, I won't know when to start and stop. I think what would be best is to get a new oracle."

I nudged my glasses up. That was about as good as it was going to get, I supposed.

"So what made you realize that she was dating someone now?" I asked.

Lester chuckled. "Let's just say I don't think that's how Grace wanted her first kiss to go."

I winced.

"Okay, okay," Jackson said loudly, stepping forward with his arms in the air. "I get that there was some important business to take care of, but can we address the important question here?" We all looked at him. "WHO THE HADES is Grace's boyfriend?!?"

Lester and I looked at each other. "Is she going to tell people now?" I asked.

"I think so," he responded.

"I think it's okay then. Grace has been dating Kyson for a while now."

"Oh my gosh," Alyssa squealed. "That's so cute. OH. Kyson was the one Hephaestus kid who fixed up her typewriter wasn't he?"

I nodded.

Jackson smiled. "I can see them together. Lester, thanks for not overreacting."

"Great," Roxanne drawled. "We found out who the mystery boyfriend is. Yay. Can we get going now?"

"Ah, more traveling," Xander grumbled.

"We should stay a little longer," Jackson voted.

"No, we should get going," Jay argued. The foursome started bickering about whether to stay or go, and I had had enough.

"Hey!" I shouted. They quieted down, and I looked at Lester. "Can you take us?"

"To Jocelyn?" he asked. "I don't see why not. Just don't tell anyone. Come on." We followed Lester to the parking lot where the hovervan was.

"Hmm," he frowned, looking at it, then shaded his eyes as he glanced at the sun, which was almost directly in the middle of the sky. Lester snapped his fingers, and said, "Everyone, look away!" I stared at the floor and a moment later, it got warmer than the day already was.

"Okay," Lester announced. "Everyone hop in the hovervan, unless you want to sit up front with me."

When I looked up, there was a red sports car in the road with it's engine on. Lester pulled out his keys and clicked a button, and suddenly the sun chariot was a tow truck- the kind that had a bed where the hovervan would sit. He then pushed the hovervan onto the tow truck and then secured it in place.