Story 12: Alaska's Broken Heart

Alaska's POV
There I was, sleeping peacefully. Next thing I know, someone threw a pillow at me. "WAKE UP ASSHOLE!" Even before the person spoke, I knew it was Hawaii. "God Dammit Hawaii..." I stumbled out of bed and Hawaii lead me to the kitchen. "Alright, America told me to say exactly what I just said to you. And now you better eat your breakfast, because you know Louisiana is gonna beat you if you don't, even though we've told her not to exactly 57 times."  Yes, you heard her right, 57 times. "Honestly, France should've just kept her." I said without any thought.

Still Alaska's POV
Yea, I was tired out of my mind. And the day couldn't get any worse when I realized it was Valentine's Day, the day that all high schools go mental.  It wasn't too crazy in middle school, thanks to endless amounts of homework and studying, which I completely procrastinated doing, because I'm probably America's biggest disappointment. Well, there's another reason I hate Valentine's Day. Why, you ask? It's not that complicated, but it is something I never thought could happen.

Alaska's POV... Again
Last year, I knew a girl... Let's call her Karen, pun intended. Well, I don't know if it's exactly a pun, but I didn't know how to explain it. So yea. We fell in love. I actually didn't have a crush on her, but she did on me... Apparently. Valentine's Day was almost as exciting as the time I knew I was gonna have a little sister, except that was better. It was Valentine's Day, and you know I was doing something for her. I got her a card, flowers... Well, what she would call "Generic things" for Valentine's Day, Even though I put a lot into choosing the right things. But when I went to give her it, she was with another guy, a guy who was definitely better than me, it was just... It hurt. I ended up crying in the bathroom for the rest of the day, and when Hawaii asked what happened to me... I just said that I was fine. And I just haven't been able to get over it. We never talked again after that, and I don't think she even remembers my name at this point, that's how much it hurts.

Hawaii's POV
I was actually pretty confused about why Alaska wasn't normal today, even though he was normally quiet. And then I remembered THAT Valentine's Day. Was it something on that exact day that hurt him? If so, Who- Or what hurt him? It left me somewhat confused, and I had to find out what happened this exact day, 1 year ago. But what if he didn't want to talk about it? Well, it was worth a try. But I didn't want to ask him just yet, I wanted to know a bit more before I made any assumptions. I quickly finished up my breakfast, and rushed to Alaska's room. I knew where most of his stuff was, so I knew where to check. I knew he had a small box under his bed, and all I had to do was look through it, because I knew he definitely would have a hint in there. I pulled out the box, and used a random hairpin to unlock it. I opened it up a looked through all of the stuff, and I was about to give up until I struck gold. A photo of Alaska, and girl I didn't recognize. Bingo. I grabbed the photo, cleaned everything up, and rushed to the genius herself, Delaware.

Delaware's POV
I was in the secret library (You guys remember the library from "No-so-super states"? It's making a comeback in this story!) reading, when the door opened and Hawaii ran in, out of breath. "DELAWARE! LOOK WHAT I FOUND!" She brought over a photo of Alaska and another girl. "Interesting... where'd you find it?" I inquired "So, Alaska was acting weird, so I was thinking it had so to do with Valentine's Day, and I found this!" I  took the photo from her hand and looked at it "Alaska... Dated someone?" I was utterly confused. "My theory is that they broke up on Valentine's Day, so that's why he dreads this day so much!" I thought about it for a second, but there was do doubt; It had to be true. The next step? Ask Alaska what REALLY happened. We walked out of the library, and into the living room, where Alaska was.

Alaska's POV
I was pretty much forced to watch cheesy romance movies on TV that day, because that's literally all I could find, unless I wanted to watch Dora The Explorer. I was pretty much about to fall asleep due to boredom, until Delaware and Hawaii rushed in. "Alaska! Look what I found!- I mean, we have a few questions for you." I was somewhat confused at first, until I noticed what she was holding. "Shit." I mumbled to myself. They sat down next to me, and started asking questions. "Question one, did you date someone?" Delaware asked. I took a deep breath... "Yes." I expected them to overreact, but they stayed professional. "Ok. Did you two break up on Valentine's Day?" Delaware wrote something down as she said it. "Yea. I walked up on her kissing another guy. It hurt." Hawaii and Delaware looked at each other. "How about we talk about it a bit more while Delaware gets back to reading?" I nodded to her, as we went into my room to talk about it.

Hawaii's POV
Me and Alaska were in his room, as we talked about what happened that day. "Did that incident scare you into not liking Valentine's Day?" She asked "Yea." I replied "I was scared that... something would remind me of it, because it really did hurt." Hawaii hugged me "Did she break your heart?" She inquired "She shattered it into a million pieces, maybe even more." I said, with as much honesty as I could. I saw a tear or two drip down Hawaii's face. "I just want you to know, that no matter how sad you are, that I care about you so much, no matter what." It felt almost unreal for a second. "Really?" I asked.

"Really."

Hi everybody! Before I start off this chapter, remember that apology I made? Yea... Shit went down between me and the girl mentioned, and we're not friends anymore. But let's change the subject. I actually wanted this story done a bit later, but here we are, I'm early on my writing for once. Yay. Now onto announcements... There's literally nothing. But my best friends, who like anime, have been wanting me to watch it, so yea. They've basically been wanting me to do it for a while now, but I think they're still disappointed that I won't stop calling Hawk "Porky The Pig" For no reason whatsoever. Anyway, I have nothing else to say. So yea, until next time, Matt, signing off. Bye!