FOURTEEN

Price

Alejandro's POV

"Matteo, I need you to check on something." I spoke the moment I set foot in my penthouse. Flurry of emotions building up inside me. The danger laced in my voice was something no one couldn't miss. Hinubad ko ang aking long sleeve shirt at hinagis sa upuan.

I went directly to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. Nang makainom ay bumalik ako sa living room at pabagsak na naupo sa couch.

Matteo, Romano's former manager and now my right-hand man, startled. He lifted his head from pushing forward to the laptop screen.

"What is it? What's wrong?"

"Call the Queensland Hotel Manila and ask their techies to check the CCTV footages on the day Bea came back from the hotel. The date was after the Annual Company Party. Someone sneaked in her hotel room. Call the flower shop on the first floor. I have a feeling the flowers came from that shop."

"Flowers?" Confusion crossed his face.

"Someone placed a bouquet of roses in her hotel room. She thought it was from me." Napatiim bagang ako.

"Baka isa sa mga empleyado ng hotel ang nagbigay, boss. Alam mo na, secret admirer." Inayos nito ang pagkakatabingi ng kanyang eyeglasses.

Naningkit ang mga mata kong napatitig sa kanya. "Secret admirer, my ass. Whoever that person is, he has some nerves to cross the line, huh." I shook my head. "No, it's impossible. Kung ang nagbigay ng bulaklak ay admirer niya na taga-hotel, it would make sense. But it doesn't mean I will let it slide. Now here's the problem. She received the same flowers with the same message again today. Wala na siya sa Manila kundi nasa Davao na. Someone knows her whereabouts. That someone has probably following her around for days now."

"Hmm..." Matteo rubbed his thumb and forefinger against his chin. He closed his laptop at sumandal sa upuan. "Now that's creepy. Ano ang sabi ni Miss Bea?"

"I didn't correct her. I didn't tell her that it wasn't me who sent her flowers. Thinking about it, I should have sent her one."

"You should have." He smirked. "Talking about winning her back but you don't even have the slightest sweet bone in your body."

"You want to die?" I glared at him.

The jerk just grinned at me. He stood up and glanced at his wristwatch. "I will call the security in Queensland now."

"Yes, please. Tell them it's urgent."

"Have you eaten yet?"

"What kind of question is that? I'm so anxious here and the least I want to do is fucking eat!"

"I was just asking, bruh. You have to do something about that temper of yours."

"You don't have a say about what I should and shouldn't do!"

"Alright, dude. Chill. Pag si Miss Bea talaga ang pinag-uusapan, napapraning ka."

"I'm worried about her and her family. I can't help it."

"Still, you need to eat. You still have pills to take." Nag-angat ito ng kilay sa akin.

Fucker.

"Fine. Maliligo lang ako." Tumayo ako at akma nang tutungo sa aking silid nang may maalala.

"Did Olivia call?"

"Yes."

"What did you say?"