My heart stops as I feel my foot slip out from under me. In slow motion, I fall back down to the ground as their sadistic grins grow. The lead man lunges for me but is intercepted. Relief floods me as I watch Peter snap his neck and throw him away. His friends are dead a moment later as guards surround me, pushing back the riot around us.

"Disarm her," Silas growls as I regain my feet.

My mind reels, searching for my next move as I scan desperately for Peter with no luck. Silas stands near the door to the pack house as his armed guards close in on me. 

Instinctively I crouch low, ready to spring into action at the first operatunity. The guards move towards me, cautiously eyeing my daggers. Their wicked spears and blades are trained on me, looking for an excuse to strike.

"Stand down!" Peter shouts as he pushes his way back to us.

"The Luna was caught trying to escape, Beta-" Silas snaps.

"Liar!" I shout, trembling in anger. "I was attacked and trying to make it back to the pack house."

"Likely story," Silas scoffs as he nods at the guards.

"Wait," Peter growls, grabbing one of the spears away from me. "We were out when the alarm sounded, in the chaos I lost her. She's telling the truth!" His brown eyes move from guard to guard, knowing that Silas is a lost cause. The guards stay frozen, neither advancing nor standing down.

"And she takes that moment to arm herself and kill our men," Silas presses on. "Look at her, that's our soldiers blood dripping off of those blades." He pauses, letting his words sink in and cast doubt. "Even now you can see her wheels turning, deciding which of us to kill next."

'If we die killing him, it will be a worthy sacrifice,' Ember growls, itching for his blood.

"She is protecting herself," Peter hisses.

"And who will protect us from her?" Silas scoffs. "That woman has no business with a blade in her hand! Do you think she's willingly going to surrender?!" The anger and mistrust are clear in his eyes as he glares at me. He wants this. He may have even planned it as a way to take me out.

"I do," Peter says confidently. His brown eyes are locked on mine as he pushes past the guards to stand in front of me. Each move he makes is slow and steady as he holds out his palm. "Please, Luna."

I take a deep breath and after weighing my options, slowly hand the blade over to him. Silas' face twists in outrage as I easily surrender to the Beta, making him a fool. I lock eyes with him, barely containing my smirk before turning my attention back to Peter.

"Get her upstairs! She is not to leave the house again," Silas snaps, shaking in anger.

Not needing to be told twice, Peter gently grabs my arm and whisks me away before Silas changes his mind. He keeps a firm grip on my arm as he pulls me through the house straight to Dimitris room.

I let out a sigh of relief as Peter lets me go and locks the door behind us. Slowly, my heart starts to settle down and my breathing evens out. I drop down on a chair as my adrenaline recedes, leaving me feeling shaky.

Peter rushes over and crouches in front of me, brown eyes full of concern as he takes me in. "Are you hurt?" He asks, lifting my chin. I shake my head no. "Are you sure?"

"I'm just tired I think," I mumble. Not that I was in tip top shape to begin with. "What happened?"

He gets up and shakes his head. "I wish I knew," he growls. "They linked me just before the alarm went off. Something," he pauses, tugging on his beard as he slips deep in thought.