Chapter 15

ZHAO YUNLAN

"What did you do in order to get that man?" Huang Ren asked as I sat back on the driver's seat.

"Only a man as handsome as me, can. Don't even dare to try 'cause you'll just disappoint yourself." I replied and started driving him towards the evacuation center.

"You're too full of yourself. Shen Wei is probably out of his mind that's why he fell for you."

I just smiled and did not give any comment. I'm afraid I'll hurt him with my words, so I better shut up.

We bid farewell to each other when I brought him back to the evacuation center. I thanked him a lot for the help and told him that I'll visit him next time.

"Take good care of Shen Wei." he whispered as we hug.

"Of course, I will." I replied. I want to ask him if he likes Little Wei but it doesn't matter anymore. Shen Wei doesn't like him so nothing to worry.

I went back to my unit and changed my clothes. I already took a shower earlier after getting up. I'm going to the headquarters today.

I'm very thankful that these past days, we didn't receive any serious or major case. If we had, we probably had a hard time since it was raining heavily. And since today, the rain has stopped, we'll be back on duty at the headquarters.

The world is really having big problems. The whole world is experiencing great damage because of the calamities we're facing.

My thoughts vanished in an instant as I felt eyes looking at me. It's here again. I slowly closed the door and looked around the corridor. This is the second time, the first one was outside Little Wei's unit.

I was absent minded all the way here at the headquarters. I am sure that those eyes are also the eyes I felt last time. But whose eyes are those?

"Chief!? CHIEF!" an officer shouted in front of me. I was too startled that I almost fell off from my seat. Maybe he called me many times already.

As I recovered, I asked him if he needs anything or there's any news.

"A shooting incident happened moments ago. The criminal got caught but 2 people got shot by him." the officer stopped as if giving me a thrilling moment. But I was still lost in thoughts so I wasn't affected much.

"Officer Zhu Hong and a woman named Wang Zheng." the officer finally continued after a long silence.

"Who?" I asked again just to be sure if I heard it right.

"Officer Zhu Hong and a woman named Wang Zheng."

I hardly closed my eyes before standing up.

"Call me if something comes up." I told him and tapped his shoulder before leaving.

I went to the hospital where Zhu Hong is admitted. When I got there, everything was already settled. Both patients are in a good condition but still unconscious. The Doctor said that there's nothing serious to be worried about.

That made me feel at ease. Zhu Hong is a great friend of mine since I can't remember when, anymore. My life won't be the same if she isn't part of it. She's been a good friend, a little sister and a mom at the same time.

I kept staring at Zhu Hong and then I jut felt like my whole mind got blank. After a few moments, I guess, someone lightly held my shoulder.