Chapter 3

ZHAO YUNLAN

I was expecting to meet Shen Wei in the elevator but he wasn't there. As I got out of the elevator earlier, I started to walk back and forth waiting for the elevator to open again.

I checked the time and it's 7:13 am. I should be at the headquarters before 7:30 am. No, no. I'll go back. Even just a glimpse of him is enough.

I don't know what this cutie little man, Shen Wei did to me. But since the day I saw him, he always keep on running inside my head. I want to see him even just for a bit and I don't like this feeling. It's like I'm being trapped with someone I don't really know well, yet.

In a flash, I'm already infront of his unit's door. I knocked a few times before he opened it. He was a bit shock, which I find cute. He's wearing his blue pajamas and he looks the cutest.

Before witnessing how he'll shut the door in my face, I entered his unit. Not minding if he'll stop me. The smell of the food from his kitchen is making me hungrier. I am used to not eating breakfast but what he prepared smells so good that it makes me wanna eat it.

I sat down on a chair, eyes focused on the soup at the middle of the table.

"Excuse me, Chief?" I heard someone calling me.

"Oh, oh! I'm sorry. The food hypnotized me so I was kinda out of my mind. What were you saying?"

"What can I do for you? It's 7 in the morning, what are you doing here?" he said, smiling but doesn't seem to be pleased.

"I'm here to ask how you are doing." I answered as an excuse. It's embarrassing if I'll answer him, "I want to see you. That's why I'm here."

"I'm good, Chief. We met yesterday and you also asked me how I was doing." he said back that got me.

"It's part of my duty!" I smiled proudly. I should maintain my composure infront of him. "Can I have breakfast with you?" I tried changing the topic which is successful.

"Of course, Chief." his cutie little face keeps on smiling. I can't! Oh, Lord help me!

"You don't have to worry about that dork who messed your things, we're close to having him behind bars." I don't know how to break our silence so better update him about the case he is involved.

"You cook good, huh? Where did you learn?" I curiously asked while feeling the tenderness of meat inside my mouth.

"When I was still living with my family, I am the one who is in charge of cooking."

I tried starting conversations with him but I always receive a nod or a shake of his head as a reply.

"Ugh! I'm so full!" I announced.

"Don't you have work, Chief?"

I don't know what to reply so I just said the first thing that popped up in my mind. "Oh, yes, yes. I am actually late but who cares, right? Let me take a rest first, Mister."

I spent 5 minutes just sitting there, waiting for the clock to hit 8:00 o'clock.

"I'll take my leave now, Little Wei." I accidentally said my nickname for him. "I mean, Mr. Shen." I recovered, "Thank you so much for the breakfast."

"Do you have any plans for today?" I asked him before leaving. I got an idea inside my head, I hope it goes well.

"No, Chief. I'll stay here all day." he answered, showing me his cute face once again.