Chapter 7

SHEN WEI

It's been 4 days since I started working and also since the first blood prank happened. But from that day, those blood pranks continued. Everytime I arrive home blood already drips from my closet. It's frustrating because I always get tired working and I want to take a rest but I couldn't because I always need to clean up the closet.

I'm grateful to Yunlan because he always helps me in cleaning and sometimes he's the one who buys dinner for me.

These days also made us know each other more. He never missed a night to fetch me and go home with me. Atleast he's beside me while I'm facing this weird blood pranks.

"Do you think there will be another one tonight?" he asked while driving.

"I guess." I replied, sighing.

"It will be okay." I looked at him as he said that. He is smiling while eyes are on the road. I couldn't help but smile as well. A comfort person, indeed.

"You always lock the windows and the door, right? How come that person is able to get in."

We're now inside the elevator, waiting to reach the 16th floor where my unit is.

"Don't ask a stupid question, Yunlan."

"Hey! Hey! I am not guilty." he defended himself. He understood what I mean because he enters my room without permission too and he has guts to ask that question. The audacity of this man.

As we entered the unit, stenchy smell of blood welcomed us. We looked at each other, he smiled.

"You go prepare dinner. I'll take care of this." he muttered. I was going to argue but he shushed me using his index finger.

I hardly close my eyes and nodded. Since the first time this incident happened, he always investigate the scene. He's a policeman after all but he couldn't find anything. Even a footprint or a fingerprint isn't found inside my unit. He said that the person behind this is a pro.

"Why don't you stay at my place for now?" he said out of nowhere which made a spoon slip from my hand.

"U-Uh... Let me think about that, first." I responded. I didn't expect that idea from him. It's okay for me if he stay here sometimes. But I can't stay with him for 24/7. My system couldn't.

He just smiled widely and continued cleaning. I am getting tired of this set up. I need to take actions against the person behind these pranks.

In the middle of cooking food, Zhao Yunlan yawned and stretched out. He's done cleaning, huh? He sat down on a chair near me and rested his chin on his palm. He's wearing a black sleeveless shirt and his hair is quite messy.

I looked away and focused on the food I'm cooking. After some time, we started eating. We talked about some stuffs that we did today.

*----------------------------------*

Another day to work on. I arrived at the bakeshop and greeted everyone with a good morning.

"Is Mrs. Wang already here?" I asked a friend who is the cashier.

"Yes. She's inside the kitchen." she answered. I thanked her and went to the kitchen.

"Uhm, excuse me Mrs. Wang. Can I have a minute with you?"