Meet The Family

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You left your drivee with your 4 suitcases.."She said without looking at me.

"Don't worry about him. He's used to that." I put my hand on her right arm,clinging unto her. It made her looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?" I smiled at her.

She just sighed.

_______

Room 024

She knocked on the door."Mom!"

The door opened and revealed a woman in early forties. She's beautiful. And she looks just like a matured Chaeyoung.

She got so happy seeing Chaeyoung. But got surprised when she finally noticed me. She's about to hug her daughter but stopped herself and kust stared at me.

"Who is she Chaeyoung?" Her mom asked as she stares down at my clinging arms around Chaeyoung's arm."Is she your girlfriend?"

"No,Mom!" Chaeyoung pulled her arms away from me and walked inside their apartment.

"Hi,I'm Chaeyoung's friend.."I dunno why Im so nervous. I don't want her mom to have a bad first impression on me. So I gotta act nice.

Why,tho?

"Oh,come inside.."Her mom put her arm on my shoulder."Is Chaeyoung courting you? She's ugly and you're so beautiful...."

I giggled when she joked.

"Wow,is she your girlfriend,Unnie?!" there I saw a teenage girl wearing pink hoodie. She's as tall as me. I assume that she's Chaeyoung's younger sister. She's beautiful,too. They're a family of beautiful people...

We sat on their couch. The apartment looks normal. Actually too small for 3 people. Where's her dad? Maybe at work.

"Just sat here,I will cook you two my korean specialty.." Her mom is so nice.

Her sister is staring at me.

I just smiled at her.

"Are you my unnie's girlfriend?"she asked,still staring intensely at me."Are you blind?"

I can't help but giggle.

This family is cute.

"Shut up,you idiot.." Chaeyoung came out of her room."I'm just gonna help Mr. Pence,stay here.."

"Seriously, is that midget your girlfriend?"

"No..." I smiled at her."We're just friends...

"friends with benefits.."I mentally said.

"Oh,good coz you're too beautiful for her.."Her sister shrugged."I'm Ellie, by the way.."

She smiles like Chaeyoung. Cute kid.

"Ellie,don't creep out our visitor..."Their mom shoutes from the kitchen.

"Mom!!" Ellie made face."Oh,I'm gonna go,I'm having a sleepover on my bestfriend...."

She left me on the living room.

I looked around the tiny apartment. This place like took all my bitchyness away and I can't even act normal.

What's happening to me? They're just poor people. Why am I so nervous?

I heard Chaeyoung's voice thanking Mr. Pence. So I stood up and saw my 4 suitcases at the door.

"Woah,that's alot of stuff.." Her mom was amazed and I felt myself blushed."You have your own driver?"

I juat nodded. Acting nice coz I don't want her to see me as that Bitchy Minari.

"Mom,she's the heiress of Sakura Hills..."Chaeyoung casually told her mom. That made my face blushed even more.

"WHAT?!" Her mom's eyes widen."Oh my goodness, what did you see on my daughter??"

"Mom, she's not my girlfriend!" Chaeyoung left us. While her mom. Is laughing.

"I'm kidding, that kid has no chill..."Her mom said while laughing.

Her mom is so cool. Unlike my mom. I want a mom like her. I sighed mentally.

Life is really not perfect. I have all the physical things in life but I don't have a happy family. While Chaeyoung has a cool mom and sister. They don't have millions of dollars in their bank account. But they look so happy. I'm envious,honestly..

I followed Chaeyoung on her room. It looks like a typical room of a teenager with posters of anime girls in the wall. She's sorting her books.

Books again.

I sat on her bed. And i dunno why I felt something when sitting on it. I gulped.

Not now Minari. Have some shame..

"Your mom is cool.."I said.

She just shrugged on me.

"Are you still upset?" I asked. Im getting irritated by the way she's acting. But I have to prevent myself from exploding.

"You should've just spent your weekend at your family's house.."She said.

"They're too busy..."I said, i can't help but get sad."I will just go home to an empty mansion.."

She turned to look at me. So I looked away.

"I'm sorry..."She said.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked, still not looking at her. I don't want her to see me on the brink of crying.

Why am I getting emotional?!

I'm the ice queen, crying is weaknes!!

Don't you dare cry in front of your toy,stupid. She might use your weakness against you. So better act tough.

I felt her sat beside me."I'm sorry, I just realized you just don't want to be alone.."

"Who said that?!" I stood up."Okay,I'm just gonna go back to Sakura Hills.."

I'm about to walk outside when I felt her grabbed my wrist."Hey,don't be so bitchy.. Im sorry,okay..."

She pulled me towards her and hugged me. She hugged me tightly."I'm sorry.."

"Stop saying sorry,stupid.."I'm pushing her away. My tears started falling from my eyes. And I can't help it.

"No.."She just hugged me for minutes."I just realized that you're lonely. And I was an asshole.."

I sighed..

Receiving genuine hugs like this is comforting. I never experienced this on my family. They're all cold towards each other.. Yes, I got my personality from them.

I grew up being like this coz I am longing for some attention and love from them but they're too busy to even have breakfast with me every morning. I'm jealous of Chaeyoung coz she has a loving family. Her mom is too kind, has a cool sister..

I pulled away. She wiped my tears with her thumbs. She just smiled at me. She did not judge me. I didn't see any insulting look on her. She just stared at me.

"You can stay here with me till tomorrow night and we'll both go back to the dorm together..."She said.

I just nodded..

I felt my heart beating so fast. This uncanny feeling is too strange.

Son Chaeyoung is making me feel things I am not used too.

"Hey, the dinner's rea-"... We heard her mom.."Oh,did I interrupt something?"

"Mom!!!"Chaeyoung shouted that made me giggle..

____

Finally. Lol.

Sorry if it's too short. I'll do better next time.

-YooAndi