Chapter Six

The week went by very quickly. Before I knew it, Friday was approaching. My excitement had not worn off at all during the week. I was just as excited every single day, as I was when I had learned the news. Also, my mother was just as excited as I was when I told her the news on Monday.

"Mom! Mom! Guess what?"

"Hi Honey, my day was just fine. And you're welcome for the tickets," my mother replied sarcastically.

"Oh... thanks for those by the way," I said sheepishly, "Anyway, Justin Williams asked me out on a date!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Wow, honey. That's amazing! Justin Williams? Cathy Williams son?"

"The one and only."

"Oh, I've known him since he was born. Don't you remember that Cathy and I were friends in college?"

"You- you are?" I looked at her wide eyed. How have I not known this?

"Yes! You and Justin got along very well as kids. It was a coincidence that you guys went to the same school. I haven't been in touch with Cathy since she moved from our old neighborhood. It's very nice that you guys have been reunited."

"I was friends with him as a child? Does he know?"

"I'm not sure," my mother responded.

As if on cue, my phone vibrated. Notifying me that Justin had texted me.

Hey, did you know that we were kids as friends?!

Me: Yeah! My mom just told me! :o

Justin: Same! That's awesome. My mom asked if she could speak to your mom and "catch up."

Me: Sure, I'll have her call you.

Justin: Thanks, can't wait until Friday. :)

His last text caused me to smile widely. He was just as excited as I was!

"Honey, why are you smiling so widely?" questioned my mother.

"Oh, nothing. Justin told me his mom just told him. Also, she would like to speak to you. You can call her on my phone."

"Okay! Thanks," she told me as I handed her the phone.

That's how Monday afternoon went. Now, it's Friday afternoon, and I have nothing to wear. I scan my closet for the thousandth time, when something catches my eye. Why haven't I noticed this before? It's perfect.

I take out a white, floral spaghetti strap dress. It fits the fancy but casual category in dresses. Which fits my date with Justin. He said we were going to a nice restaurant that wasn't too fancy. The dress went perfect with my black hair and soft curls. I studied my reflection in the mirror. I guess I was pretty... well, pretty average. I had a round face with high cheekbones. My eyes were okay, but I thought they would be the first thing you would notice about me. My whole face was highlighted by my straight black hair that was parted in the middle.

After putting on the dress with some boots, I applied some light makeup. I don't usually wear makeup, only for special occasions. I checked the time. I still had an hour until Justin came to pick me up. To waste time, I decided to go on Twitter for a little bit. Twenty to six, Justin texted me telling me he was here. I ran downstairs to get the front door just as the doorbell rang. I opened it and let Justin in.

"Hey Justin," I happily chirped.

"Hi Morgan. You look more gorgeous than usual."

I blushed, he was so polite. I took in what he was wearing. A black coat with dark jeans. He looked good even though he was wearing a coat.

"Hello Justin! I haven't seen you since you were in third grade," exclaimed my mother, "You're even cuter than the last time I saw you!"

"Thank you, Mrs. Smith. You look younger than the last time I saw you," Jason smiled. I smiled too.

"Oh, thank you sweetie. I think you guys should go now. Have fun!" Jason and I walked silently to his car. He opened the passenger door for me like a gentlemen. I smiled inside, he was just amazing.

"Where are we going?" I questioned him.

"It's a surprise."

"Okay..."

"So, we were buddies back in the day."

"Yeah, that makes us sound old though," I laughed.

"Well, we've grown up quite a bit," he smiled at me.

"Yeah! This is kind of rude, but what instrument do you play at school. I can't believe I don't even know."

"Piano, like you. I'm in one class lower than you, though."

"Really? Sorry, I didn't know." We arrived at the restaurant. My mouth watered, we were at the best Italian place in town.

"I love this place!" I said.

"I thought so. So do I," he responded.

 We told the worker of our reservation and a waitress escorted us to our table. We were seated in a booth in the back. The restaurant was very dark, so I couldn't really see the other tables.

"What are you going to order?" Justin questioned.

"Chicken Alfredo," I replied.

"Good choice, I'm getting spaghetti."

We made small talk about homework and school. Twenty minutes later, our food arrived. Everything looked so delicious. We ate without speaking until Justin broke the silence.

"Morgan, can I ask you a personal question?"

"Yes," I hesitated. What was the question?

"Why have you been acting kind of tense lately? And why did you seem scared whenever I ran into you at your locker?"

Justin noticed my worry? I was debating on telling him, then came to a conclusion. It wouldn't hurt anyone if I told him.

"There are these... men. That I sort of ran into... well, they ran into my friend, and then I got involved. Anyways, they are sort of... stalking me. And know everything about me. And are blackmailing me."

"What? Have you told anyone about this?"

"Yes, my best friend Emily was the one who ran into them when she was on her way to my house. And we told my cousin Jason."

"Oh, okay. Why were you always scared at your locker?"

"They left threatening notes in it."

"Oh, I'm sorry Morgan. I'll look out for you more," Jason kindly said.

"Wow, thanks Justin. That means a lot," I grinned.

"Anything for you," he smiled back. I laughed at his goofy grin.

Dinner went by fast, and Justin kindly paid the bill. We left the restaurant and got into Justin's Mercedes Benz. His dad was a car dealer so Justin got a really nice car. The ride home was relaxing. Justin and I talked about childhood memories and the stupid stuff we used to do together. We both remembered being friends after our mothers told us.

Justin pulled into my driveway and walked me to my door.

"This was a really fun date," Justin commented.

"Yeah, thanks for taking me out," I smiled.

He smiled back, "Of course, we should do this again sometime."

"I'm up for it," I replied as Justin gave me a long, warm hug. I pulled back and stared at his deep brown eyes. I had to look up because Justin was way taller than me.

"Bye Morgan, see you at school. Tell your mom I said hi," Justin told me as he walked back to his car.

I turned around and went to open my front door when I noticed a note taped to it. I ripped it off the door and tore it open, I know you told that boyfriend of yours, which is fine by me. The more people that know of me, the more friends of yours I can go after. See you soon.