Chapter 34- Decisions, Decisions

Comincia dall'inizio

"Yeah," he exclaims and she chuckles.

"Do you know your ABCs?" He nods and she grins. "Can you say them for me?" He nods excitedly before beginning and that's how they spend the three-hour drive, with Amy prompting Jack to count or recite his ABCs. Jack is smart and Amanda can't be more proud of him as they pull into the diner that Sean works at. "You are absolutely brilliant, Jack. You know, genius runs in our gene pool and I think you got the lion's share," she jokes and he giggles.

"You sound like Scar."

"You like The Lion King?" He nods. "I love The Lion King. You know, your dad used to put that on for me all the time whenever I was sad." Jack laughs as Amanda takes him out of his car seat and walks him into the diner. She sits up at the counter and sits Jack next to her.

"I'll be with you in a second," Sean says with his back turned. The diner isn't busy at all because it's nowhere near lunchtime and it's a weekday.

"Do you have any kids' menus?"

"Amanda?" He asks, spinning around. "Is that-"

"Your nephew? Sure is. When's your break, I need some advice." His eyebrows raise in surprise before he shakes his head as though to clear it.

"Oh-okay, I can talk now but do you want anything?"

"I'll have a salad and Jack, how does french toast sound?" She questions in an excited voice and he nods happily so Sean turns and places the order before getting a kids' menu for Jack.

"So what can I help you with?"

She sighs. "I told you, I need advice."

"Yeah but since when do you get advice from me? Or even talk to me?"

"Since Kristen is opening some bar or a club or something that has a karaoke night and can't talk to me. Plus, I don't usually ask you for advice because you give horrible advice so I figured that I could listen to your advice and then do the exact opposite and it would be right, just statistically speaking."

"Thanks, sis," he responds sarcastically.

"Of course," she says with a grin as the cook hits the bell, signaling that the order is ready. He turns around and places it on the counter before sighing. "I have two job offers and I need help choosing between them."

"What about the BAU?"

"That's one of them. The director of the FBI offered me the second unit chief position, a position that was going to be left vacant."

"That sounds amazing so why aren't you taking it?"

"Because it turns out he only offered it to stop me from taking my position back at the CIA. And I honestly thought that I could do it but then Spencer said I would make a terrible leader and I found out Harrison's whole offer was just a way to keep me where I am and-"

"Wait, Spencer? The guy that you used to date in college?" Amanda frowns.

"We weren't dating and how do you know about that anyway?"

"Kristen didn't always hate me and I know I said," he looks at Jack and leans in. "That I wished you were dead, but I didn't mean it. You're my sister and even more my twin. I love you and I was a dick for saying that." He leans away and goes back to talking normally. "But you weren't talking to me or answering my calls so I asked her for updates."

Amanda smiles. "I never said thank you for coming to the hospital back in Georgia but thank you."

"What happened in Georgia?" Jack asks in his broken kid speak that makes Amanda and Sean chuckle.