Chapter 33- Should've Known Better

Amanda was consumed by a peaceful stupor when her phone rang. She groaned and reached around the bedside table for her phone but it wasn't there. That's when she registered the bundle of heat underneath her and she shot up. She scrambled from the bed and grabbed her phone, praying it wasn't anyone from the team, only to see it was Sean. "Hello?" She answers, confused why he was calling her when she hadn't talked to him since he told her he was dropping out of law school and becoming a cook.

"Happy Birthday sis. Well one of them anyway." She rolls her eyes.

"Sean, please tell me you didn't seriously call me at," she takes a quick glance at the clock. "One thirty in the morning to wish me happy birthday when I don't think you've ever told me happy birthday in my life. Not even when we lived in the same house, let alone in the same state."

"Well I'm trying to be a better brother and I just got off work so I thought I'd give you a call before I forgot. We should get together sometime and catch up. I came to the hospital after everything in Georgia but you left without waking Aaron or me and then Kristen was guarding your room and she hates me and wouldn't even take my calls so."

"Right, well as fun as that sounds, I'm going to go back to sleep because we have a case and a missing woman to find so, goodnight and goodbye Sean. Oh, and Happy Birthday." With that, she hangs up and heads to the bed. She shakes Spencer awake. He groans and she has to bite back a giggle as his nose crinkles as she continues to shake him.

"Hmmm," he grumbles.

"Spencer, you have to go back to your room before someone sees. I don't want you to get in trouble," she whispers and he sleepily nods before sitting up. Amanda can't help but stare at him, he's like super hot so who could blame her, as he leans down to grab his boxers and slips them on before grabbing his clothes and digging through his pants to get his room key before leaving, carrying his clothes and dressed in only boxers. Amanda chuckles softly before heading back to the bed, Spencer's lingering scent lulling her back to sleep.

____________

When her alarm goes off at 7, she gets up and takes a quick shower before heading into the station. The team arrives soon after her and they work to find the new missing woman only for her to call them and tell them that she saw the flyers and ran. She gave them her location and the team, as well as some officers, head to the motel she had checked into only to find her gone with the same flyers and a mask with a number two on it. Luckily, this gives the team what they need to know to give the profile. Right before they're about to present it, Amanda notices Dave slip away and turns to her brother.

"Hey, I'm going to go talk to Dave, see if he needs anything, or do you need me for the profile?"

He shakes his head. "We can handle it. I don't think he fully understands that this isn't a one-man show anymore."

"Yeah," she mutters before heading into the room Dave had slipped into only to hear the end of a call with Garcia where he asks her to keep whatever was said between them. The minute the call ends, Amanda speaks up. "You're being shady, why?"

"Amanda, I didn't see you there," he states, avoiding the question.

"Clearly. Listen, Dave. This is a team and a team can't function if we can't trust the members on it. Sneaking around, refusing to input ideas, writing everything down in that notebook of yours while doing things your way won't cut it anymore, okay? We have to work as a team if we want to be efficient and get this woman back safely."

"Sure thing, Amanda." She smiles and leaves, heading back to the group when her phone rings.

"Hello?"