Chapter 34- Decisions, Decisions

The next day, it was easy to notice Amanda's absence but no one thought anything of it except for Reid who was beginning to think it was because of him despite Morgan's assurances that it most definitely was something else, even if he had no proof. The following day, they were starting to worry, especially after JJ revealed that they had a case and she was still nowhere to be found. They all waited until everyone was in and JJ began the case before Morgan spoke.

"Wait, we can't start without Amanda," he points out as if it were obvious and even Rossi nods before Hotch sighs and stand up.

"Amanda isn't going to come. She informed me after our latest case that she got a call from the director of the CIA. It turns out that she wasn't as suspended as we believed. He had been observing her in the field as his own form of a psychological evaluation and unsurprisingly, she passed."

"Wait, Amanda's leaving," Penelope cries from the doorway where she was bringing JJ the files she had asked for. She had been scared that she would walk in on gruesome crime scene photos but after hearing what she had, she almost wished that she had.

Aaron sighs in frustration. "I don't know. The choice is up to Amanda but I do know that Director Sharp lied to her about what happened and Amanda isn't a very....forgiving person to those that break her trust so I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the week she's turned in her badge and gun and heads to the CIA."

"Amanda and Harrison have known each other a long time," Rossi points out. "She may not be very forgiving but their relationship means something to her."

"Can't you stop her?" Morgan questions, ignoring Rossi, and Hotch shakes his head.

"I told her to do what's best for her and I meant it. If the BAU isn't that, none of us can change that, as much as we'd like to try. I'm sure that Amy will keep in touch if she does choose to leave. As it is, I've given her the time to make her decision away from the pressure of all of us so JJ," he motions to the tv, and JJ nods, just as worried as everyone else that she might be losing Amanda.

Meanwhile, Amanda was sleeping when her phone rang. "What can I do for you?" She answers snobbily after reading the caller id.

"Amanda-"

"Sorry, I don't choose to talk to lying whores that cheat and then leave my brother after saying they want to make it work."

"Look, I know that you don't like me, I got that from our last conversation, but you told me not to lead your brother on so I let him go. Besides, I'm not calling for that. Jessica got sick and she was supposed to watch Jack for me while I work and Aaron isn't answering his phone. I was hoping you could put him on."

"Actually, I'm not at work. I have some personal time to determine if I want to move forward with my career in the BAU or go back to my old job." That's when it hits her and she grins. "I was heading into New York to see Sean today and I can take Jack with me. I'll be back before the night ends and I can drop him off tonight or tomorrow morning."

"I think that's a great idea. Jack really loves you and he would be overjoyed. I don't even think Sean's come to see Jack since he was born. Thank you, Amanda, really."

"Well, I'm doing it for Jack and Aaron, not you, but you're welcome nonetheless. I'll be there in 20 minutes." With that, she hangs up and gets up. She dresses quickly, having taken a shower the previous night. It goes fast and before she knows it, she's knocking on Haley's door and getting Jack's car seat strapped into her car.

"Thank you again." She nods as she picks Jack up and carries him to the car.

"You want to go to New York, Jack?"