Chapter 17- Revelations

TW: Forced drug use, Torture/violence, talk about OD, Talk of Abuse

After the realization that Tobias Hankle was the unsub thanks to the sheriff recognizing the dogs in the video, the team rushes to get to his house to help JJ, Reid, and Amanda. When they get there, they notice that the house is empty but the sheriff tells them about a barn in the back. Morgan and Emily head out there with a few officers but only manage to find JJ. They ask her about the other two and she tells them that they went around back.

Morgan tells Hotch and they head towards the cornfield where they see two sets of drag marks. "Amanda wouldn't have let him get the drop on her. She's too trained for that," Gideon remarks.

"The cornfield would make it difficult to keep track of Hankle and she would be worried about Spencer. She's always worrying about everyone but herself," Hotch states, trying to keep the worry about sister out of his voice and barely succeeding.

"We need to get Garcia out here to analyze these computers," Gideon adds, and Hotch nods. He heads back to the station with a few of the officers to call Garcia before making another supposedly quick phone call.

"Don't tell me that your sister already foiled your attempts to be a big brother, Aaron."

"Kristen," he says, voice breaking over her name.

"Aaron, why are you calling me?" She demands, getting worried.

"We were, um, working this case down in Georgia and she went out to talk with a suspect with two other agents and-"

"Aaron please tell me that there is a happy ending to this story. Please tell me that you didn't let my best friend get kidnapped."

"He was just supposed to be a witness," he creaks out.

"That's really helpful right now, isn't it, Aaron?" She scoffs before hanging up the phone. He places his phone back in his suit before taking a seat, trying his hardest not to think about what might be happening to Spencer and Amanda at that very moment.

Meanwhile, at the cabin where Hankle had brought the two federal agents, they were beginning to wake up. "Where are we?" Amanda questions the man who identified himself as Raphael.

"You don't need to know," is the only answer she ever receives. He rants and raves about how he's doing God's work before leaving. Amanda takes the opportunity to turn to Spencer.

"We need to come up with a plan."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what I said. We are most likely in the middle of nowhere. It's the best place to take us. There doesn't look like there's much sunlight so we can't be too far away from his residence. Our best bet is to kill him and take his keys but one of us has to get out."

"How are we going to do that, Amanda?" He sneers.

"Don't get snippy with me, Spencer, because I'm not the one who got us into this mess. I told you not to go into the cornfield and you did it anyway."

"I'm sorry," he whispers dejectedly, realizing that his cold front never worked with Amanda, it just ended with both of them hurting. "I just didn't want him to get away and hurt someone else."

"At least he'll be focused on us for a while," she jokes and he can't help the small chuckle that escapes. Leave it to Amanda to make him laugh while they're kidnapped. Before they can say anything more, Tobias comes back in with a different persona. This one is all about how they are sinners who need to confess their sins and be punished. Spencer tries to tell him that he isn't a sinner, even quoting scripture but this only seems to make him angry so Amanda distracts him.