Chapter 20- Sibling Bonding

Filler Chapter About Amanda and Hotch!

Kristen got bored after three days of helping Amanda through her withdrawal. It wasn't that she couldn't handle it or that Amanda wasn't going through a lot. In fact, quite the opposite. Kristen always found that she was capable of more when it came to Amanda and in the days she had survived she had gotten chills, cold sweats, hallucinations, and threw up all the contents of her stomach. It got so bad that Kristen began to worry that she would barf up her antibiotics as well. 

The reason that Kristen was bored was because she was barely even helping Amanda. Since the moment Aaron Hotchner had stepped into the hotel suite he had taken it upon himself to wait on Amanda, hand and foot, even if it annoyed her to no end. This is why, when the contractor Kristen had hired to build her club in Virginia called and said there was a problem, Amanda told her to go. 

"I'll be fine. I have Aaron to look out for me and I'm probably through the worst of it. I haven't thrown up today and it's three o'clock," she points out, motioning to the clock and Kristen frowns, still hesitant. "I was even able to take a shower by myself today so I really have no use for you anymore."

"Thanks. I feel so loved," Kristen retorts and Amanda grins.

"She's right. I can take care of my little sister, Krissy," Aaron adds.

"Don't call me that," she snaps. "That was a name reserved for the Aaron I liked and had a crush on. You are the Aaron that has constantly let your sister down and didn't even know she was engaged or half the other bad shit that she's been through, so excuse me for not jumping at the opportunity to count on you for her wellbeing."

"Kris, it's fine. I'm mostly functional and if Aaron starts doing a crappy job, I'll just call Emily. She'd help me out no question." Kristen studies her, looking for any signs of lying but she isn't exactly a profiler and even if she were, she doubted that she'd be able to detect a lie Amanda told anyway.

"Fine, but call my dad. He's worried sick and wanted to fly down-"

"He's sick. Please tell me you told him no!"

Kristen chuckles. "Of course I did. I knew it would upset and worry you. I didn't tell them what happened either. Just that you were shot by a suspect. I'm sure they know you left the hospital but you should go visit when you get back to Virginia."

"Deal. Good luck with the contractor."

"Ugh, you say that like there's ever good luck when dealing with them." The two girls laugh and for the first time, Amanda doesn't feel like throwing up. They hug before Kristen heads to the other room to get her stuff together. Aaron takes this time to ask the question that had been bugging him since he arrived at the hotel.

"How'd you afford a suite for a whole week? You bought a house, you're renting an apartment while repairs are done on that, you spend your money like a little kid in a candy store, and I know dad made you pay for college. No way can you afford that on your salary."

"A) I guilted the real-estate agent into giving me the house for cheap because the house I bought had been on the market for like a hundred years. B) Apartments aren't that expensive when you're as charming as I am. C) I have normal spending habits and have millions saved. And D) I have all of my inheritance from Mom and Dad's death, I didn't pay for my college the FBI did, and I got paid way more when I worked for the C.I.A. because of how dangerous the work was and how amazing I was at it."

"Why did the FBI pay for your college?"

"It's a long story and before you say you have time, I'm not telling it. I will tell you that I was involved in a case when I was in Massachusetts-"

The Story of Usजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें