Chapter 3

<Your POV>

I woke up the next morning feeling an extra warmth engulfing me that makes me feel sleepy yet again I need to wake up to hunt for me and the Night Fury. I open my eyes to see that the dragon engulfs me under its wing and its tail around my body.

I look at the dragon to see that it is also looking at me. We had a stare down until I heard the birds chirping from outside the cave making me turn my head to the cave entrance. The dragon then draws back its wing and tail to let me stand.

I then quickly stood up and clean my temporary bed then went out to catch some fish after lighting up the fire with the help of the dragon. After catching a certain amount of fishes that is enough for me and the dragon, I clean them up and cook it on fire while I just give the dragon the raw fishes.

After I am done eating my breakfast, I went to the dragon, thankfully since the Night Fury doesn't growl like last night and take a look at the dragon's wound, changing it up with a new dressing all the while having a one-sided conversation with the dragon.

Y/N : You're such a beautiful dragon. Why would they want to hunt you down? The other dragon is also beautiful and unique in its own way. I wonder what's your name, but considering that you're a dragon, I guess you doesn't have a name. My name is (L/N) (Y/N). You can call me (N/N) if you want, well that is if you can. Now that I see your scale, they have a tint of purple glow whenever there's light. I am right when I say that you're beautiful.... I will call you Galax. I think it suited you since you're dark like the one I've found before. I wonder if the other Night Fury I help have get back safely?

I keep on having the one-sided talk with Galax even after I am done changing a new dressing for its wound not realizing that it's already noon. I then went out to hunt some more for lunch and explore around the cave to find anything useful for me and Galax.

I have plan to make the cave as my hideout, so I would need to make something to be put there like a table, chairs, a bed, anything all the while treating Galax until it can move again. Yes, its wings aren't injured, but if Galax encountered another dragon and get into a fight, the wound on its hind leg wound be a hindrance.

So, the next few days past by with me occasionally hunt fishes at the river, making the necessary necessities for my hideout and treating Galax wound all the while having a one-sided talk with it. And in the time me and Galax spend our time together, the dragon seems less threatening and have gotten a lot gentler and always look out for me.

Whenever I am going to the river to catch fishes, he would follow me around and keep trying to get into the water. Keyword, try. I wouldn't let him in the river until his wound is completely heal and closed. Why did I call him he? Well, I found out that Galax is a male.

It has been a few weeks since I stay in the cave with Galax and the wound on the dragon seems to heal pretty quick. Maybe that's the perk of being a dragon. Anyway, I am packing all of my stuff to head back to my cabin while talking to the dragon.

Y/ N : Okay. This is it. I hope you have a safe journey Galax.

As I'm done packing, I went out of the cave with Galax following behind. The past few days I've been with Galax, I managed to find my way home, but didn't go back since Galax is still wounded. Going out of the cave, I stop in front of it and turn to look at Galax.

Y/N : Okay Galax. This is it. We'll part way now. I'm going to go here and you're going to go there. Have a safe journey okay....

I said pointing to my left to where my cabin is and to the right to where he will need to go while stroking Galax's neck. He purrs out in delight, but stop once I take away my hand from him. He looks at me confuse. I then turn around heading to where my cabin is.