𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Well... Do you love them?" They pulled a faux frown while looking over to him.

"O-Of course I do!" He stammered. "I'm just- I mean... What if other people don't like it..?"

"Not possible." They giggled sweetly.

"What do you mean 'not possible'?" His fear was starting to show in his voice. Despite putting on an innocent smirk, (Y/n) was much scarier than Karl thought.

"Well... It's just that if I ever find out that somebody doesn't like the egg... I just get rid of them." They clasped their hands together excitedly.

"...'Get rid of them'?"

"Mhm!" They teetered, adjusting themself on the throne so that they felt a lot more comfortable. "Did you know that the egg is carnivorous?" They glared at Karl through the corner of her eye, a red shine travelling over their iris. "That means that it only eats meat."

"How can an egg eat meat if it hasn't been hatched yet..?"

"Easy. You feed it." They tilted their lip a bit to show displeasure. "I thought you were smarter than that." They rolled their eyes. "You know, for someone who loves the egg as much as I do, you'd think you'd know that."

"Uh..." He started stammering, taking a few steps back. "I did know that! I just wanted to hear it from you!"

"Is there a certain reason as to why you'd want to hear it from me?" Their elbow was leaned against one of the arm rests and their chin was propped against their palm to stare at him in a relaxed manner. Karl was scratching the back of his palms, his shoulder tensed as he thought of a response.

"I just value your opinion, I guess..." He trailed off, feeling his voice grow weaker.

"You do?"

"Oh-Of course!" He swiftly proclaimed. "I just- I mean- As our leader, I think your thoughts should be held to a much higher standard to ours."

"You do?" (Y/n) smiled, a new kind of red creeping up onto their cheeks. Blush flushed their face. Their eyes were being batted slowly to give Karl a generous gaze.

"Yes!" He answered, now more convincingly. "You will always be more important than us."

"Oh, Karl..." They chuckled lowly, waving her had to hide their blush. "And I think you mean they will always be more important than us."

"Us?"

"Why, yes!" They hummed, turning back. "You love the vines, I love you..." Their eyes caught a glimpse of the red view, their heart was burning with passion. "This could all be for us, darling!"

"You think that an egg could be for us?"

"Mhm," They nodded with a short hum beneath their breath. "The red means I love you."

The scrunch on their nose almost felt like a kiss through the air as they shot him one final, kind glance. He thought about the dedication that they had, he really did. And as perfect as a life with them sounded, he knew that a life without the egg would have been better. They weren't in the right state of mind to rule, they were growing insane.

He needed to stop them. He needed the old (Y/n) back. He missed the old (Y/n). Not the one that was obsessed with how powerful the egg made them or anxious but how little red there seemed to be in the world. As a man with his type of responsibility, he saw that it was only fitting for him to step in and do something about it instead of stand to the side, which is what he knows that a lot of people would have done with his kind of position.

(Y/n) narrowed their eyes, their gaze laying on Karl as they had caught him tiptoeing further and further away from the scene.

"Where are you going?" They queried.

"Uhm..." Karl gulped, tucking his hands into his pockets and blinking way more than he usually would. "...To find Bad! We're planning on patrolling the area and looking for the people that don't like the egg." (Y/n) smiled.

"Great." They responded appreciatively. "I believe he's by the mansion."

Karl nodded slowly, keeping his eyes open as he slowly turned back around to make his way out of the scene. He walked at a steady pace so he wouldn't seem eager to run away from (Y/n), but once he got to a safe distance, he began sprinting.

He knew where he was running. He was running straight back to his house. While he trailed the area, he pulled the red contacts out of his eyes that seemed to sting them a little. At least he didn't have to pretend to be on (Y/n)'s side anymore. He tossed the contacts into the bin once he had entered his establishment and went straight to his library. He pulled the books and wooden planks out from one of the shelves in a hurry and stumbled into his secret room, filled with shiny books and detailed posters.

Karl needed to find a safe time. He needed to find an era where he believed he'd be protected from (Y/n) and the egg. Hopefully a time where he could earn people about the egg's arrival before it even comes into existence. He spun around the area, looking at the different time zones.

He wanted nothing more than to save (Y/n) from their obsession because he knew that they were lost. He loved them more than anything. He needed a peaceful life with them.

When his eyes laid across an empty book that hadn't been filled yet, he thought that it was best to just go for it. He leapt forward and took the book from the item frame, under the poster 'The Masquerade'. The frame held a portrait of multiple different characters scattered across a hall wearing dresses, masks and tuxedos. Their faces, however, were either being shielded by one of the masks or they had just been smudged and completely blurred. If there was anybody that he recognised, he wouldn't have noticed because the features were so out-of-focus.

He took hold of the book and in less than a few seconds, he could feel himself being pulled deeper and deeper into the past as he held his breath, clutching the book as tightly as he can. A few seconds past that felt like hours before he could open his eyes. All he could do was think about happy thoughts, think about (Y/n). He did it to get him through the hardship of time travelling because he hated it more than anything. What felt like hours turned to seconds, which turned to years, which turned to days. Time didn't make sense, he felt like he was falling forever and that he wouldn't reach a stop. Though, when he did, all of the sickness that once roamed his body had completely disappeared and he was found to be stood at the foot of a mansion.