Chapter 38 - Hello Again

Começar do início

“I hope you don’t mind me asking, where’s Blake? He’s your husband, right? He’s Ian’s dad?” I swallowed an imaginary lump in my throat.

I laughed to hide the nervousness I felt. “We just didn’t… click.” I waved my hand as if referring to the things around us. “I messed up.”

“Seriously? You messed up? Or HE messed up? Don’t lie to me, Rein. I know you.”

“Damn you for knowing me.”

We both laughed. “There’s nothing wrong for knowing the girl you’ve loved after all these years. You’re still that the same Rein that I’m still continuing to love.” He dragged his chair closer to mine and held my hand. “I’m so sorry for not coming back… I know I promised but…”

Huminga ako ng malalim. “You don’t need to say sorry. Kasalanan ko din naman eh, choice ko din naman yung paghintay sayo diba? Kung alam ko nga lang na ganito mangyayari, I should’ve just waited for you. Pero hindi eh, I was busy looking for someone to love me like Michael and you did and tingnan mo yung nangyari, my life fell into someone’s hand who doesn’t want a family.”

He gave me one of those hugs that always made me feel loved before. “I feel like I’m the one responsible for all of this. Kung sana hindi kita iniwan noon, you wouldn’t marry the wrong guy.”

My eyes went blurry. I didn’t hug back, I just let him hug me tight. “You don’t need to feel sorry for me.”

“I want you to know that I still feel the same way about you. I never went into another relationship all these years because I always loved you.” He touched his nose to mine which sent shivers down my spine. “Its not too late yet.”

Before I could even reply to what Daniel said, the main door to the unit opened and Georgina’s voice was loud enough for us to wake us up back to reality. “Ally! The dresses are here! Come and look!”

Daniel looked away  from me and looked at the panoramic view of New York while he shifted his weight on the railings. I sipped all of my red wine to wash my nervousness away.

“Allyson! Where the hell are you?!” Her excited voice made me annoyed for ruining Daniel and I’s seriouse talk.

“Balcony!” I yelled back.

“What the hell are you doing he—“ She stopped at her tracks when he had a glance of Daniel. “Woah! You didn’t tell me some hottie is going to stop by.”

And at this time, I swear I want to pull away Georgina from Daniel. She’s seriously checking him out in front of me. “Georgina Cristobal Lerwick.” They shook hands.