altruism 1.1

Beyond the sounds of feet shuffling and scrubs against floors, it was completely silent. Prisoners were not to utter a word.

Especially since one of the lead guards was in a bad mood. Of course, pushing around prisoners was the best way to brighten his mood, all because he could.

Some guards couldn't imagine exerting energy being petty. But those who did were hell.

Luckily it was a quiet day.

The Class 1 and Class 2 prisoners were scrubbing the floors of the courtyard, floors that were already pristine.

There was some talks about important guests arriving soon, but you knew this wasn't anything new.

As you continued to scrub the floors under the dim, red prison lights, you spotted that with short brown hair girl you thought was pretty.

She seemed just about your age, which was puzzling for the most secure prison in the world. But it made sense, given how she managed to get away with growing a secret garden in prison grounds.

When she caught you glancing at her, she glared and looked away. It was natural that prison made warm hearted people like Suki cold.

"You.." Another prisoner pointed at Suki. "Take my scrub."

"I'm busy." Suki replied, not giving the man much attention.

"My fists are going to be busy too if that's the case." The prisoner seemed to enjoy picking on those not his size.

At this point you were making your way over, getting ready to defend her.

However, Suki kicked his chin, causing his to look straight up at the ceiling.

"Aughhggh!" The man hollered.

Suki was tired of tolerating these men. Because she was a girl, they tended to perceive her as one who wouldn't fight back.

"Wow." You felt satisfied watching the man fall onto his behind.

"Who did this??" The guards came. Fighting was stricter forbidden, unless it was a guard beating a prisoner of course.

"I did." You took the blame for Suki.