It was....interesting (edited)

Y/N POV

I stepped up to home plate with the bat in hand. I hit the tips of my converse with the bat and brought the bat up into position. I blurred out every noise. But my heartbeat was too loud. It was beating faster and louder and faster and louder 'till. 

CRACK!

The ball went soaring through the air. I dropped my bat and bolted. I hit first, then second, then third, then BAM! I stomped right back on home. I turned towards the boys and they were dead silent until I smiled and they started cheering. I just laughed and bowed playfully. I gave the bat to Benny and we  continued playing. 

That's really all we did for the next 3 hours. We just played. We played 'till our feet couldn't run anymore and our arms gave out. It was the best 3 hours of my life! 

We sat in the dugout after a very successful 3 hours. We sat in comfortable silence while drinking our pop. After about 10 minutes, Benny stood up and said he had to go home. We all agreed saying it was time to leave and started walking. After walking and dropping everyone off, it was just me, Benny, and Smalls. I turned down my street and said bye and  gave a playful salute. They just waved as I continued on my way. 

I was walking and thinking about today. Man! It was some day to remember. I chuckled at the thought of the 2 different fights I was in today while walking up the steps to my house's porch. I opened the door to be welcomed by the smell of burgers. I licked my lips and walked into the kitchen, to my mom setting the table. I saw my Mom cringe as I walked past her. I didn't think I smelled that bad. 

"Ooh, honey please change. You stink." 

"Aww, mom. You flatter me too much." 

I say in a sarcastic tone. She chuckles and shakes her head. 

"So house was you're first day of 8th grade. Any boys?" 

"Oh, today was...interesting."

She nodded and gave me look to continue.

"And yes, there were boys."

"Really?"

She said obviously intrigued.

"Yeah, about 9 to be exact."

Her mouth dropped and she blinked a bit. 

"You have a crush on 9 different boys?"

She squeaked. My eyes widened as I realize that she was originally asking if I liked any boys.

"Oh. OH! Eww. No. NO mom. NOOO. I don't like 9 guys, I befriended 9 guys. "

"Oh. Woo."

She said relieved. 

"Who are these boys?"

"Well... remember those boys I was telling you about?"

"You mean, the boys who played at this sandlot thing and teased you?"

"Yeah them. But you make it sound a lot worse."

"Hmm. I don't get kids these days."

"Neither do I."

We both just start laughing. I help her set the food on the table and sit down and start eating. I tell her all about today. By the end she looked like she was going to kill Phillips, but also scolded me for slapping a girl. I shrugged knowing that the girl deserved it. I just made a mental note saying: 'don't tell mom about anymore fights.'

As I was washing the plate that my mom handed me she started talking again. 

"Ok, as much fun as today sounds like it was. I don't want to you getting into anymore fights."

All I did was nod, knowing that she was right.  I got up and walk over to the sink and continue washing the dishes and setting them to dry. I did this for about 15 minutes when my mom comes up and talks to me while handing me the last dish.

"Ok, you know what? I'm just going to take this from you."

She says taking the plate that she just gave me out of my hand.

"And you are going to get cleaned up."

I sighed and walked to my room. I took a shower and got dressed in my pjs and sat on my bed. I looked around my room at all the different pictures of me and Phillips. I took them down and threw them in the trash. I sat back down, but noticed a red a white letterman that said Phillips #25. I quickly walked over to it, and threw it away. After today, I'll never forgive him. 

After about an hour of doing homework, cause our teachers can't give us any breaks, I hear the front door open and close. I rush out to see my dad. I was excited to tell him about today. Unlike my mom, my dad wanted me to get out of my shell and he would definitely be proud that I won 2 fights. 

I gave him a hug and told him all about today. After finishing my story he just laughed.

"So you won the fight?'

"Yup!"

"Alright! Way too go!"

My mother just gave him the 'look' and he shut right up.

"Ok, sorry honey. 

He said to my mom then turned back to me.

"That was not something you should do again. Ok?"

He said as my mom was still staring daggers at him. I just nodded.  My mom gave a quick smile of satisfaction, and turned away and he silently cheered for me and gave me a thumbs up and fist bump, but stopped immediately when she turned back around again. 

I just chuckled and went to my room. I laid in bed thinking about everything that happened today and smiled at the thought of sandlot boys, and how they helped me. I soon fell asleep from the silence of me thinking. 

A/N: ok, last chapter for today, I know it's pretty crappy I just really wanted to write  something.

 The next chapters that have school scenes in them won't have as many fights, I mean fights like this do happen at my school but not on a daily so the rest of the school parts will be a little more realistic.  But of course there will be more drama because like....why not? Also, if you have any suggestions I would be happy to use them and credit your @. :) 

Thanks for the nice comments again and have a great day, love y'all.