"When you deserve to" (edited)

Y/n's POV

I woke up around 6  I know. It's the last week before school starts and I'm spending it waking up at 6 AM. 

I got up and went to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat. I decided on an apple, since don't usually eat much in the morning. I walk back to my room and got dressed while finishing my apple. I put on some loose jeans and a black tank top with a baseball jersey over it. I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth and brush my hair and put it into a low ponytail. I then put my black baseball cap on backwards over my ponytail. 

 I don't usually where my hat backwards while playing but it was early so there wasn't any sun to shield my eyes from. 

I put my black converse on and grabbed my glove, ball, and bat. I walked to the field where the tigers usually played and practiced. The sun just started to rise so I had enough light to start. I checked my watch before setting up and saw that it was 6:50 AM. 

"Perfect." 

I whisper to myself. I walk to home plate and threw a ball up in the air and hit it. I was surprised. I'm not great at batting but I could hit a good pitch once in a while. This one went pretty far. I just shrugged my shoulders and continued going back and forth grabbing the ball and hitting it again. I missed a good amount, but I also hit a bunch of them. 

I looked back down at my watch to see that it was now 7:45 AM. 

"Damn! Has it already been that long?" 

I say to myself. I look around to see if the boys were coming, but no one was there. I decided to take a break and sit in the dugout. I ended up waiting in the dugout, I mostly wanted to play with the guys today. 

30 minutes later

'So they're not coming...' 

I thought. I sighed out of disappointment.  I walked back to home plate and continued practicing batting. Since they're not coming, I might as well practice, don't want to waste a nice day. 

I continued to practice as I did before. I soon changed it up and practiced my throwing distance.  

After about 20 more minutes I decided to try hitting one more and then pack it up. I would stay longer on a regular day, but I wanted to see why the sandlot boys ditched me. 

I threw the ball up and hit it. 

CRACK!

Was all I could hear as the ball soared over the grassy field. It went a pretty far distance, surprisingly. I guess I hit it really hard. After watching the ball finally hit the grass, I realized that it was practically a homer! I was happy, but mostly shocked. So I just stood there looking at the ball. That was until, I heard a loud group of boys behind me. 

"WOOHOOO!"

"YEAH-YEAH THAT WAS AWESOME!"

"AND SHE'S JUST STADNING THERE LIKE IT DIDN'T FAZE HER."

"I DON'T EVEN THINK BENNY'S DONE THAT!"

"MAN!"

And more words of excitement along those lines coming form the entrance. I turn around with an eyebrow cocked and scoffed. I was pissed. But I was also happy that they came.

"Oh no..."

"She looks pissed."

"She looks pissed."

"Aw man."

"She won't kill us right....? RIGHT?!?"

They started saying to each other. I dropped my bat and started walking over there with the meanest face I could muster. They looked so scared it took everything in me not to laugh.