Apologies (edited)

Smalls' Pov

After the whole blow up with the other boys all of us were fuming. Not only did squints call us girls but they just left us there. We stomped all the way to her house, and through  her gate to see her throwing and catching a ball against the wall of her house. We stomp over to her and yelled...

"WE'RE SORRY!" 

All at the same time. She jumped in fear and turned around. Her face that was full of fear but softened as she saw the 5 of us standing there. As quickly as her face of fear melted a face full of anger took its place. It scared us a bit, no take that back, she scared us. 

"Mother of Christ! Don't scare me like that!"

She yelled, yelled covering her heart with her hand. She quickly regained her composure and stormed over to us. She still looked pretty angry. 

"So? What are you going to do? Ignore what we just said?" 

"Just ignore what we said?"

Tommy repeated.

"I didn't even hear what you said! I was trying to prepare myself for death!"

She screeched the last part which made us laugh. We started laughing at her answer. As much as you could tell she was trying to stay mad, she broke too and started laughing with us. Benny opened his mouth to apologize but couldn't stop laughing. 

"Ok, ok ,ok it wasn't that funny." 

Y/N said trying to calm us down but even she couldn't stop laughing.

"Ok. whoo!

Benny said calming himself down. 

"We came here to apologize. So... we're sorry for everything." 

He said it a lot nicer this time. She looked at us with her head cocked to the side. She smiled and walked closer. We all gulped and took a step back. At this point scared us, but we didn't show it, at least we hoped it wasn't too obvious. 

She walked closer and just hugged us. The other boys were confused, because they don't usually get hugs from females, with the exception of their mothers. I hugged back, I don't exactly know why I did, at this point I think it's just a reflex. After I hugged back the boys slowly wrapped their arms around each other so we were just in this big group hug. She backed away and picked up her bat.

"Wanna play some ball?"

"Wait so you forgive us?"

"Yeah"

"Just like that?"

"Yup. I mean  you guys went out of your way to walk back and apologize and by the look of it not all of you wanted to." 

We all smiled after she said that. It was nice to know she acknowledged our missing teammates. She gave us a soft smile that resembled her mother's and held her bat out again. She asked us again, if we wanted to play. 

"So do you guys want to play some ball?"  

"Yeah!"

We all said. That made her smile. She started leading us to her gate. 

"Wait. Before I take you to my baseball field, I have to make one more stop, its on the way there so it shouldn't take long. Cool?" 

We all nodded and followed her out. She knew where she was going so we weren't expecting she would lead us down the road we walk every morning. 

"Y/N? Where exactly are we going?" 

Tommy asked. 

"You'll see."