chapter eight - another night

Luca pov

I hate parties, mainly because our place will be packed with people I don't give a shit about. But just because I hate it, doesn't mean I still won't show up. Free liquor and hot chicks, what's there not to like?

Though, I do have to cut down on liquor now that school's starting tomorrow and the only thing I'm looking forward to is more training.

Again, whose smart idea is to have a party the night before the first official of school? Oh right, Josh. I will be sure to take note of the number of people having a hangover when I walk past them on campus tomorrow.

I had enough hangovers this week with the guys and I went out almost every night. We went for night drives, movies, cycling, lots and lots of bars and even went back to some of our favourite restaurants.

The night we went back to my favourite was the night I saw her, Victoria. I actually saw her the moment we walked in, looking bored but joyful at the same time. If that's even possible. I quickly looked away but when Josh started to walk towards her, I knew she saw us too.

She was dressed in this black outfit that showed a little bit of skin but with the oversized blue jacket on her, it was close to none. She looked different with her hair curled up and more make-up than the first time I saw her, not that she needed any.

When I took my seat at our table, that was when I was able to have a closer look at her. Why does she look so nervous? I assume that the man opposite her is her boyfriend and from Josh's question, it confirmed it. They were not talking even before we sat down and it made me wonder, had it been like that the whole night?

Curious, I tried to take a look at her date and notice how he has been frowning. Huh. Maybe he's mad that the food isn't good? He isn't the kind of guy I thought she would be dating, in fact, I didn't even know she had a boyfriend.

I didn't bother to greet her considering how I don't even know her but that doesn't stop me from looking at her. I saw her staring too which she probably couldn't tell because of the cap that I was wearing but I remember that look, the same look she gave me the first time we met.

Right, my cap. It's with her.

A few minutes after they left, I told the guys I'll be going out to get some fresh air while we wait for our food. I wasn't expecting to still see them outside, let alone him driving away and leaving her there. Like what the fuck even happened?

Do I go and talk to her? Do I comfort her? Maybe I should just mind my own business and not be a busybody. We haven't even talked so she'll probably think I'm a creep or something if I show up in front of her.

And then she squatted down to hold onto her knees, wrapping herself with her jacket as if comforting herself. I watched as she shook slightly and that's when I knew she was crying. I knew I had to do something, she's in the middle of a parking lot for fuck sake.

After standing at the corner of the restaurant like a total creep, contemplating whether or not I should walk over, I finally did. Pulling out a piece of tissue from my pocket, I made my way and decided to just stand behind her after hearing the sound of her crying.

Just as I was about to bend down to offer her the tissue, she turned around quickly as if she could sense someone was standing behind her and disappointment spread across her swollen face. Was she expecting it to be someone else?

As if embarrassed, she quickly turned back to the ground and so, I just let it dangle beside her face.

"Thanks," she softly said and I nod my head in reply, forgetting that she can't see me with her back face at me. Wanting to do more that night, I lifted up my cap and placed it on her head, hoping that maybe this can provide a little more privacy for her.