chapter seven - break

Kelsey pov

After paying for our meal, I thanked the waiter who served us before following a fuming Dylan out of the restaurant. So much for a good date night.

I didn't even dare look at Sam's table when we were exchanging goodbyes, afraid that I might anger Dylan even more. Then again, I could tell he was at his breaking point.

Stopping in the middle of the parking lot, he turned around to bark at me. "The fuck was that all about? Suddenly you're Victoria? How the fuck did those guys even know you? Have you been hanging with them behind my back?"

Dylan has always been the type of boyfriend who gets jealous and very protective of me. He claims that all guys out there have motives and I believe him. Growing up with two men at home, I have been taught repeatedly what to be careful of and how to take care of myself, so I know.

Before Dylan, I had lots of guy friends with who I enjoyed spending my time. We would play sports, go out for food or even catch movies in a group. Everyone was just having a good time, enjoying their youth. But then, ever since I got into this relationship, lots of my friendships have drifted but we are still on good terms. Most of them are the ones with guys and I have learned to move on from it. 

I learned not to put myself in situations where it might cause a dispute between Dylan and me. We used to get into fights and disagreements regarding who I spend my time with. I know there are red flags in my relationship too but there I'm a big girl now, I can take care of myself and figure things out.

"No Dylan I just-"

"Answer me!!!" he shouts and I try to hide my head at the number of heads he just turned.

I knew it. I knew he was just holding it in, waiting for the time to burst only when we're alone. But we aren't that alone out here are we?

He continues to walk to his car and I follow him with a distance between us, afraid of what he might do with that sort of anger.

"Tell me, how do you know them?" he smirks sarcastically beside his car. I stopped and stood about 5 feet away, in front of him.

"At the bar."

"Fucking hell, you went to the bar alone without me?"

I shook my head. "No no, I went with Vic. It was the night you didn't- didn't show up."

He scoffed before rolling his eyes. "So you went behind my back? Was that your way to get back at me? And why was he calling you Victoria then?"

I sigh. "It was just a game Vic and I used to play."

"Wow, such a fun game," he continues with his sarcastic reply and this time, even adding a few claps.

I want to cry but I won't. If I show any sort of emotions, he would just accuse me of playing the victim and choosing the easy way out. Is he acting up right now really my fault? Perhaps it is, it always is.

"I can't even look at you right now. I bet you knew they were coming here today and that's why you took the time to dress up," he continues and I repeatedly shake my head to disagree.

"That's not true, I-"

"You know what, I need a break," he interrupts me and with those words, my heart shattered even more. "I need time to myself to think about all this."

I took a step forward to get to him but he stuck his hand out, asking me to stay put.

"We're not breaking up, just taking a break. I'll call you once I'm ready to talk," he continues and with that, he entered his car and drove off. Leaving me all alone at the parking lot.