chapter three - a no show

Kelsey pov

I woke up later than usual with no alarm but only the sunlight to wake me up. Turning to my right, I click on my phone to see that it is already noon and surprisingly, Vic was already awake.

I didn't bother to set an alarm like usual since I have nothing on my calendar today except to unpack and I'm glad I didn't since we both hit the room pretty late last night.

We were having such a good time chatting and laughing with our new friends that we didn't even bother to check the time. They shared stories about life in UCLA and tips on how to survive over here. I thought they were just being dramatic at first but I soon got convinced and started to take note mentally.

Soon, we started to yawn and realized that it was close to 1 and then we decided to break off to our rooms. Upon returning, it was then we realized that our beds were still empty with no sheets on. Obviously, Vic didn't mind but it annoyed the heck out of me, so I made us put it all because there is no way I am going to sleep on a bed with no sheets.

After digging through the boxes, we put on the sheets quickly and grabbed onto our towels for our first communal shower. Happy to say that it was super empty and I pray that it goes on like that.

Pushing the blankets off, I sit up before greeting my best friend. "Morning"

"Victoria 1, Kelsey 0," she says.

"Very soon you'll have a problem catching up with me," I uttered. We both know that she sleeps like a log and is the queen of snoozing so I don't even know why she bothered keeping scores.

She rolls over and jumps onto my bed. "What would you like to do today?"

Pointing to our luggage and boxes, I remind her. "Pack Vic, that's what we're going to do."

"For the whole day!?" she exclaims and I push her away playfully for her dramatics. "Come on, what about dinner?"

"Dylan and I already have plans."

"Oh ya... okay what about before that then?" she suggests.

"I mean sure if I manage to unpack everything before that," I let her know. "But first, breakfast or lunch?"

"Brunch, let's go!"

______________________

We ended up exploring some parts of the school and settled for one of the cafes here. The cafe was only occupied with some people who were clicking on their laptops if not enjoying a cup of coffee with their friends.

It does seem like a good place to study but I also can't wait to visit the other eateries here.

"How was the food?" Vic asks as we walk back to our dorm.

I sip onto my cup of ice coffee before answering. "Alright I guess but last night pizza was better."

"Right?"

Once we got back to our room, it went time. With our playlist playing in the background, Vic and I finally went to work unloading and decorating our part of the room.

We each have a study desk and cabinets at the side of our room and in between our bed is the window with a nightstand at the bottom. Unzipping my luggage, I refold my shirt, pants, and shorts and place them at the bottom of the closet before hanging my jackets and some dresses. Undergarment and socks in the drawer... that should do it.

Placing a freshener in there, I happily close my closet and turn around to see that Vic's space is already almost filled. "Already?" I cross my arms. "Good, you have no excuse to shop then."