Chapter 11

Ura opened her eyes, surrounded by a purple light. Her limp body submerged in what seems like a infinite large pool of water. The disheveled reflection with an aura of purple and chaos appeared above her, slowly lifting delicate arms to touch it, hands and fingers shaking at the action. The slightest touch  and the aura of purple from the reflection engulfed Ura's vision. 

It brought her to a memory, closed deep into the abyss of her mind resurfaced to haunt Ura. A memory she so wishfully wants to forget, to undo.

____

 Most terribly cold it was on the nights of the Southern Water Tribe; it snowed, and nearly dark. People wearing thick fur coats roaming the ice paths of the Tribe. Ura, an abandoned  little girl, bareheaded and thin clothing, shivering,  her feet quite red and blue from the icy weather, her nose watering. The flakes of snow covered her long brown hair, which complimented the braids she had done. Which she hadn't noticed, she was so focused on the sea creatures that occasionally bopped out of the surface. 

She sat near the ocean water, ready to dive to fish for the children back in the little ice cave they built for survival. Ura dove in, creating a water bubble around her body , tons of fish roaming the water, she quickly grabs one desperate for a meal, but her efforts led to no avail as the fish slipped away from her grasp. This went on for hours upon hours swimming near the coast, with no luck at catching even the smalllest fish, the sky was already dark and the sea waters hard to see. 

Swimming up to the surface, her bubble breaks, the water dropping her temperature, as if it wasn't cold enough. Looking around and traveling to the market in hopes of maybe finding a scrap of food to find for the other children to eat. She even begged many marketers for some food, none giving without pay. Spirits lowered, she felt so dejected and her stomach growled from days without a meal. Ura looked at the final stall to see a old woman, she begged and begged and begged for food, the old woman couldn't resist and decided to pity her with a fish. After great amounts of thanks, Ura quickly traveled back to the cave, where the younger children waited for her by a fire. 

"Hey guys, look what I brought back!" She exclaimed excited to finally have some sort of food. 

There was no reply than a race to grab the fish from her hands. Five or six children grabbed at her at took the fish, eating it raw and left nothing but bones left. They were hungry, was an understatment. The kids starving for days without lucks of food, even if they were to ask no people would pay attention to the dirty and disheveled rascals as themselves. 

The children still gathered at the same spot where they had devoured, Ura just sighed and walked to the dark and cold corner of the cave away from the fire and slept. 

_______

The next day, Ura traveled to the town in hope of distracting herself from her hunger and lack of sleep from it. Her eyes dark with eye bags, her legs trudging the snow that build up from last night. If anything, she looked like a zombie. 

There was news around town that Master Katara and Avatar Aang was coming to the Southern Water Tribe to manage some political affairs and as well as stay for some fun. There were people that had smiles plastered to their faces excited to have them over for a visit. 

Ura truged over to the stall of the older woman that gave her the fish and plans to thank her once more, but to find a bunch of theives robbing the old woman's stall and nearby ones as well. The old woman defenceless against the theives as well as others around, they weren't water benders and they had little to no experience in fighting after the Hundred Year War had ended. Ura, a girl that wanted to help other people in anyway even at the cost of her own, had a sudden rush of adrenaline. Though her body had wanted to reject her plan of subduing the theives it was no use, her mind was already made up. Quickly gathering the snow, creating a thick cloud of steam to confuse the robbers and then gathering up all the the steam to one focal point, freezing the theives together in a prison. Her body had already given up, the final string holding things together finally broke, she collaspes onto the floor, with rosy cheeks and a smiling mouth. She thought  "At least I did something good at my last breath," thinking that this would be her last moment of her life, but she thought wrong. 

A married couple had already arrived at the Southern Water Tribe and they had seen the events that occured that day.