Unicorn's Blood.

"Gah!"

The raven haired girl looked around in alarm. Her dorm room was completely empty. That could only mean two things. Either she was fighting some alien king in her dreams and destroyed all the girls in real life or, she was late.

It was probably the latter. With that thought in head, she jumped out of her bed and ran around the room to get dressed. When she stood in front of the mirror, a frown came upon her face. The past week, she had to get up at least a few hours before the school started in order to make herself more presentable.

But now, she didn't feel the need to do so. Although, she did comb her hair and wore cleaner clothes. But her signature loose tie and untucked shirt remained. She still looked like herself and not like some house doll.

After gathering her books, she dashed down the stairs and through the exit as fast as she could.

"You are late for breakfast."

Leo came to a sudden halt at the voice. She turned back to face none other than Tom, who was standing there with an impatient look on his face.

"Well, good thing you don't look like a clown anymore," he stated and gestured her to follow behind him.

A clown?

"At least she doesn't smell like flowers either," Tom muttered softly to himself and Leo could barely hear him.

"What are you talking about?" She asked him quite curiously. She hopped a few steps to match his long strides. Tom looked away from her in order to avoid the topic.

"You know, I was wondering, why are you not in your uniform?" Leo asked finally noticing his casual attire.

"Which world do you live in? It is Sunday," Tom grumbled.

Leo stopped walking. When Tom noticed that she was not following, he turned back to see her shooting him a very suspicious look. He raised an eyebrow making her squint her eyes even more.

"Today is Sunday," she declared in a heavy voice, "Yet, you, Tom Riddle, decided to wait in front of the Ravenclaw dorms for me just to remind me that I am late for breakfast. That is very unlike you."

Leo paused before taking a few quick steps towards the boy, "What are your intentions?"

Tom had the most deadpanned look on his face. Leo was still squinting her eyes at him.
Tom rolled his eyes and flicked her on her forehead.

"Hey!" She rubbed the throbbing spot on her forehead.

"That is what happens when you do not pay attention in class, idiot," he grumbled under his breath.

"You didn't have to hit me," she whined out in pain as they started walking once again.

"We are supposed have an extra class of Care of Magical Creatures today. Besides, I never got the chance to ask you why were you running like a maniac yesterday?" He asked and turned to face her.

Leo's eyes widened as soon as she remembered yesterday's incident. She immediately increased her pace to go ahead of Tom. Her eyes searched around for anyone who saw their small interaction.

Tom being the persistent little slug he was, followed her pace. Leo's stomach growled in hunger.

"Who are you running away from?" Tom asked. He was totally unfazed while keeping up with her pace where as Leo was already starting to tire out.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm staying away from you," Leo hissed out. She ducked her head once she noticed a few girls lingering around a corner. Tom gave her a confused side glance.