A Night to Remember (s.s x n.m x reader)

A/N: (3,865 words) This oneshot is set like two years after the second Wizarding War. Narcissa, Severus, and y/n have all returned to teach at Hogwarts. Severus and y/n moved in to keep Narcissa company over the summer, and their friendship slowly progressed into a poly relationship. This takes place the night of their first yule ball together. This contains sexual acts and profanity. Feel free to comment and vote if you like it. I plan on updating much more frequently. Also, let me know if you like SeverusxNarcissaxReader. The next oneshot will likely be Lucius Malfoy.

Y/N gave her body one last look in the floor-length mirror that occupied the corner of her chambers. Satisfied with her appearance, she slipped on her heels and made her way out the door. It was the night she had waited all term for: the yule ball. Sure, she had gone with Draco when they were students, but they were just friends. He was like a brother to her, and if she could do it again with the courage to ask Hermione Granger out, she would. She cringed at the fact that she let her pureblood status and house get in the way of creating meaningful relationships.

With each clack of her heels down the corridor leading to the steps, her heart rate increased. The roar of students chatting grew louder as she made her way to the banister overlooking the stairs. She scanned the crowd for any sign of her dates until her brown eyes met obsidian ones. Standing off to the left of the staircase was none other than Severus Snape. She took notice of how he swapped out his regular robes for nicer ones (still black of course). Is that a slight curl in his hair? She giggled at the thought until her concentration was broken. Severus' face had lit up with emotion. The corners of his lips lifted just slightly, his eyes filled with adoration. Y/N soon realized that it was not just him looking. Within seconds everyone in the room seemed to have fallen under some sort of trance. She turned around to find the source of everyone's change in attitude.

Her eyes  widened  at the sight of the Narcissa Malfoy. All her thoughts were suddenly washed away as she took in the vision of beauty before her. Her hair was pulled to the side in a gorgeous updo, curls cascading over her right shoulder. She wore a sleek black dress, just revealing enough to turn heads without making her look completely out of place. Effortless. From her minimalist choice of jewelry to the daring red lip she chose, Narcissa Malfoy was easily the most enchanting woman in the room. Severus gave her a modest peck on the cheek once she made  her way over. "You are stunning as usual, my dear," he gushed.

"Thank you, Severus. Have you any idea where y/n might be?"

"I suppose she should be here soon. She's been stressing about this for weeks. The perfect outfit, the perfect shoes. I'm sure she'll be here any moment now." Narcissa hummed in reply.

Y/N began to form knots in her stomach as she watched them. How could she have possibly ended up with such beautiful people? What could they possibly see in someone as young and inexperienced as her? Her thoughts came to halt as she noticed looks of concern growing on their faces. The last thing she wanted to do was make them think she had stood them up.

With a deep breath, she slowly started her descent down the staircase. All of her worries and self-deprecating thoughts melted away as their eyes finally met hers. They looked at her as if the sun rose in her eyes. At that moment, no one else in the room mattered. It was just the three of them. She melted into Narcissa's outstretched arms in a tight embrace. "You are absolutely breathtaking, y/n," the older woman whispered in her ear. They each greeted her with a kiss.

The two women linked arms with Severus, allowing him to lead them into the Yule ball. Narcissa and y/n gasped at the sight. The room was enchanted with snow falling from the ceiling and disappearing in mid-air. Everything was snow white, and the floor appeared to be made of crystal. It had been years since either of them had seen a Yule ball, and the sight was enchanting. The great hall had been completely transformed into an icy wonderland. Unsurprisingly, the temperature in the room was very inviting despite the various charms used to mimic the icy landscape outside.