Chapter 3

It wasn't long until George was back in the headquarters, walking down the corridor as he took off his hood and clout glasses, hooking them into his hoodie. That sure was close... he definitely expected them to be a lot faster, being able to catch up to him easily. Guess not. Probably lost him or realised that there was no point chasing someone who had already escaped.

Nikki appeared at the end of the corridor, still wearing her black outfit from before. She wore knee high shoes which had protectors on the knees, black and armed body suit to go with it. She had blades connected to some straps on her arms and legs, a light pink cape which also was used as a scarf was sitting loosely behind her back. She smiled and waved as she saw George, clearly happy that he was back.

"We did it! I'm so glad you made it back George. Sorry that me and Wilbur couldn't buy you more time before the alarm went off, they noticed something was up the moment we were finished with the guys in the office room."

"Yeah, I did" George said with a relived smile as he looked down at her "oh- don't worry about that Nikki, It was enough time."

George pulled out the small bright blue USB stick from his pocket to show her, grinning sheepishly to himself.

"I got what Philza wanted."

He could see Nikki's excitement in her eyes as she turned around and began to walk towards the main hall. Philza must already be there waiting, talking to Wilbur. George had been in this organisation for over two years, Philza noticing his hacking skills and proposing him the job. George knew the dangers of it, that it wasn't legal nor safe but what could he say? He didn't have family to go back to and he enjoyed what he did. It was the best opportunity he had, not to mention that the Syndicate was like a family to him. They had all welcomed him in so easily and cared for him when he needed it. They never judged him and made him feel welcome and safe.

The main meeting hall was a large room, a large table in the middle and laptops plus folders on the desks on the side. The room had grey walls, light wooden floor complimenting it nicely. Some candles and smell decoration were also placed around, most likely by Philz wife who often liked to touch up the base. It had maps on the walls along with some mafia locations in the current area. It was where all of them would be able to discuss the next missions, who would go and who did what. It was a room associated with peace and calmness.

Philza stood leaning against the table as he listened to Wilbur talking, Karl standing next to him, also very occupied by what he was saying. Wilbur wore a yellowish/orange turtle neck, along with long black trousers which were held up by a brown belt. His hair was a curly blob that would bounce up every time he moved his head. Wilbur stood tall, towering Philza as he spoke.

Philza on the other hand was shorter, around 5"11. He had blonde hair and  blue eyes, an interested smile as he nodded along to what Wilbur was saying. Philza was the leader of the Syndicate, Wilbur being of of his two sons. At any first glance you wouldn't even think that Philza was a leader of a mafia, his outfit being far from proper, wearing a simple dark green tee, a black over coat on top of it. Not to mention how nice he was. Of course he knew when to be strict and serious but for the most part he was a rather cheerful man. It always made George wonder how people like Phil ended up in a industry, though he was glad that his leader was a lot better then most of the drugged up ones around the area.

"Ah, there you are George! Heard you got the info, good job mate. This mission was far from simple after all."

Philza said as he turned to see George who was taking of his bag and slumping it in his seat. He smiled as he walked over, Nikki walking behind him to join the others.

"Heard that the mission went fairly smoothly."

Philza clearly looked happy from the success of this mission. Whatever he needed those files for, it better have been worth the fuss. But then again, George didn't want to think that since nothing went wrong. Though if he hadn't reacted in time then maybe something would have happened-

"All thanks to Karl. He saved me time by letting me know exactly what I needed to do in order to get into the informations room" George replied.

Karl was a fairly tall male, fluffy brown hair sitting on his head. He was actually a rather nice and person, extremely hyper and always knew how to bring out George's goofy side. He always liked to laugh and make jokes but could also have a serious yet living side to him. He was great at story telling, George couldn't deny that. He had books upon books of many stories he had gathered and stories he had written himself. George favourite were the tales of the SMP. Many stories with Karl as a time traveler. Even George was in some of them which would make him laugh at how Karl would deny it jokingly, knowing very well that George was correct.

Though his writing skills were great... his memory wasn't.

Karl smiled a cheeky smile "oh it's nothing- just doing what I had to do."

Wilbur patted Karl on his back, big smile on his face, "you did well bud but tell me Phil, why did we need to get this information..? It was really risky."

Philza's face became a more serious one as Wilbur asked that. 'This must be serious' George thought as he watched. Phil could get serious easily but he would always keep a soft smile on his face yet this time, the smile was completely gone.

"Right, down to business. Thank you for risking it all for this information. I need it to clear up any rumours I've heard."

"Rumours?" Nikki pipped up, "what kind of rumours?"

"About Schlatt wanting to take control over everything. The great revenge."

————————————————————————
•thank you for reading 'into you' <3