12 : 𝖧𝖾'𝗌 𝖠𝗐𝖺𝗄𝖾

Night 63.

The young ones were at the rooftop. Following Felix' idea, they were in their third day of 'training'. They salvaged every mannequin they could find in the storage, create a makeshift obstacle course of mattresses, metal rods, and dolls prodded to the floor. The rooftoo was then their go-to place, especially when they didn't have much reason to move around the basement.

There weren't much a variety of weapons to choose. Just bats, daggers, and wooden slabs. Of course, each had their preferences.

"Out of the way!" Yeonjun called as he jumped off a high wall.

Irene, who was sitting on his foam, scooted away just in time. Yeonjun landed with a soft thud and stumbled towards the ground.

"What the hell dude?!" Irene grunted.

"Not my fault you had to block my spot." Yeonjun got up. "I would've squashed you if I please. You should be grateful."

BONK!

"Ow!" Yeonjun hissed as a bat hit the back of his head. "Who the fuck did it?!"

"So sorry.." Y/N jogged to pick up her item. "I lost grip.. Are you okay..?"

He blinked and rubbed his head. "Yeah.. I'm good, it's fine. You're fine. Don't worry about it, Y/N."

Irene looked at the girl then back to Yeonjun. All of a sudden, a playful smile was plastered on her lips as she skipped away, shooting them a teasing glance. Y/N shifted on her feet, toying the bat in her hands as Yeonjun fell awkwardly silent. Without a warning, they heard a loud crash. Kai just fell butt first on a pile of boxes.

"Hyung!" He cried, flailing his arms. "Help me up! My butt hurts! Somebody!"

"Ooh.." Felix grimaced, lending a hand. "Your booty flat, mate.. That sucks.."

Kai stood and rubbed his back, nose scrunching. "I was trying to do parkour.. I thought I'd flip well.."

"Well, you flopped well." Soobin wheezed, punching a mannequin afterwards, sending its head propelling out of the roof.

"Hyung, that's the fourth head today!" Taehyun hissed, putting down his weights. "Seriously, do something with your hands!"

"Deadass," Hyunjin stared at Taehyun's weights. "He just benched twice the pounds yesterday.."

"My brother's short but he could yeet you out of this building with his pinky." Seulgi boasted.

Y/N sat on a rusty chair, watching her friends. For once, no one was arguing. Everyone just enjoyed doing whatever they wanted to do. Assess the scene; Irene and Seulgi were running around, hitting mannequins with their bats. Yeonjun and Hyunjin took turns in the makeshift punching bag. Felix was trying to take down Kai. Taehyun was lifting his weights again. Soobin pretended to fight with a mannequin.

The night is getting deeper. The sky was blank though. Rain clouds covered the stars as well as the moon. Darkness turned the city into a foggy abyss. The absence of electricity made the urban atmosphere shift into a ghost town. Y/N glanced at her watch. It was almost time for dinner.

"I'm off to make sandwiches!" She announced, getting up.

"No, I want a cup noodle!" Kai whined before Felix toppled over him.