11 : 𝖭𝖾𝗐 𝖯𝗋𝗈𝖻𝗅𝖾𝗆

Day 53.

Days passed by. The progress of searching for the cure remains constant. No other hope than the existing camp miles away sparked. Y/N was plunged into a deeper pit of anxiety.

Days ago, Hyunjin and Irene rushed to the laboratory after paying Beomgyu a short visit. Everyone thought he had woken up, only to find out that his life was on the line. Vitals down and heart coming to a stop, a few doctors urgently came to his aid. Fortunately for the guy, he was saved. But as for Y/N, her perspective towards his recovery darkened. She grew hopeless.

"Yo, yo, yo," Kai barged into their room, carrying a basket full of laundry. "It's a heavy downpour outside."

"It's raining?" Soobin stared at the ceiling as if he could see through.

The harsh pitter-patter could be heard despite of them being underground. Kai dropped the basket to the floor and picked his own apparels, leaving the rest to the others. The tall lad skipped to his bed and started folding them neatly. Soobin copied his actions with his own. Yeonjun, who was holding Y/N on her bed, got up to collect their clothes.

"Here," he scattered them on her mattress. "Do you want me to fold them for you?"

"No," she sniffled and sat straight. "I can do it, thanks.."

Thankfully, her bond with Yeonjun tightened. Unlike before when they used to get into each other's necks, Yeonjun swerved lanes and had gone gentler and understanding. It was a great help to Y/N. As someone rooting up for Beomgyu who doesn't seem to be doing well, she needed a lift. And that, Yeonjun could provide.

"Lunch is almost ready." Felix peaked his head on the doorway. "Hyunjin and I made soup. Mmm."

"Where's Irene and Seulgi?" Soobin questioned.

"Eh," Felix rolled his eyes up. "Patrolling the main floor. Who cares?"

"And Taehyun?" Kai chirped, fumbling with his socks.

"Still in the lab I suppose."

"Oi, Felix!" Yeonjun called. "Come and fold your clothes, boy. Ain't nobody gonna do that shit for you."

"Soup is cooked." Hyunjin announced, shoving Felix to the side. "Oh.. You're tending the laundry..?"

"No, you're imagining things." Soobin chirped.

"Do yours, Hyunjin.." Y/N said. "You have tons waiting.."

"Later."

"You keep on saying that," Felix whacked his head with a laddle. "Like mate, stop procrastinating."

"I'll get your soup." Yeonjun told Y/N. "Don't worry about the clothes. I'll get back to them later, okay?"

The pink-haired hoisted himself up, exiting the room. The rest of the guys watched his back disappear from the walls before reverting their gazes at Y/N who looked rather casual than flattered. Soobin scoffed.

"Tea seems good today, don't you think?"

"Mm," Kai pretended to slurp. "Very."

Y/N stared back at them. "What?"

"Wow, you've been into Beomgyu's agenda so much that you've gone clueless, aye?" Felix teased.