Rolling her eyes, she speaks, "Adiva, you are making it sound like, as if he is my boyfriend. Relax, we won't be up for more than 15-20 minutes max. I promise."

I try to argue, but then she gives me her famous puppy eyes. "Please.."Shaking my head, I slump my shoulders in defeat.

"Is there any problem girls?" Steven interrupts.

"No. Not at all. Lets go."

"I hope your friend is coming with us."

"Oh hell yeah. She is.."

She nudges me and starts dragging me towards the cafe, meanwhile texting Jackson about our whereabouts before pushing her phone back in her pocket.

"What did he say?" I whisper.

"He will be there waiting for us outside the cafe. Don't worry, I know you are not comfortable around strangers, but I promise we will leave soon." She smiles assuring me, as we walk into the cafe.

The smell of fresh brewing coffee and the sweet pastries and croissants hit my nostrils making me moan internally. Taking our seats by the window, we order our drinks.

"So, Adiva right?" Steven props his elbow, leaning towards the table separating us.

I just give him a curt nod.

"I take it, you don't speak much. I haven't heard you speaking once, since we met. Well, except for your private talks with Khristina and a small hello."

I roll my eyes internally. Wasn't he the one talking to my friend about me as if I was some imaginary fragment?

"Actually she doesn't converses with men, especially who are strangers." Tina answers for me.

"Oh I understand." Eying me, he continues further, "I see you are not a  native American."

I tense up. I remember Zacharias telling me never to answer a stranger about my nationality.

"Ah that's true...She is from the emirates." Again Tina answers for me, squeezing my hand under the table assuring me that she will handle it. I smile at her.

"Wow! Thought so. Judging by your looks, you do look like an Arab. You here for studies?"

"Steven, whats all with these questions? And yes she is here for studies."

"Jesus, Khristina, let the girl answer for once, and I am just curious, nothing else." He tries to hide his annoyance as he speaks.

"Can't you see she is getting uncomfortable? I already told you, she hates talking to strangers. We've met after about 5years, and yet you are busy interested in knowing about her, rather than talking with me." She complains.

I know her very well, she is trying her best to divert his attention from me, and I am thankful for that. Seriously, this Steven guy is really something. How did Tina manage to have such a weird friend like him? I keep on looking at my watch from time to time, as Khristina successfully diverts his attention from mine and indulges with him in a conversation.

"Quite unique and beautiful ring you have got there." Steven eyes the ring on my finger, snapping me out of my daze. It was the one gifted to my by my husband on our first date.

"Uh..Thanks." I reply tersely, placing the cup on the table.

"May I know from where did you get such a beautiful ring?" He inquires, still eyeing the ring.

Feeling a little uncomfortable, I pull my hand away from the table and place it on my lap. I feel Khristina tense beside me, but she doesn't gives out any kind of indication. I give him a wry look.