chapter 30- waiting room

pov: lexie

cristina took mark into the O.R. to repair his lung. callie, arizona, jackson, derek and i all sat in the waiting room hoping someone would come update us soon. amelia was also working on his skull fracture and meredith, bailey, and richard were working on his abdominal injuries. "do you think he's gonna make it?" i asked.
"he's gonna make it... he has to," callie sighed. arizona comforted her and rubbed her back. we all looked at each other as jo approached us.

"we were able to fix his lung and his abdominal injuries. dr. shepherd is still working on his skull fracture. it was a lot worse than we thought and... there's a chance he could lose his memory," she explained.
"wait- he could lose his memory?!" i yelled. "i need to see him! i need to be with him!"
"lexie, you can't," jo held me. "you can't go in there."
"at least let me be in the gallery!" i yelled. jo looked at me.
"it's okay wilson, she can watch from the gallery," owen told her as he walked over to us. "come on. you can all come."

we got to the doors of the gallery and i was hesitant to go in. he was hurting and possibly dying. there's a chance he'd never be the same mark again. then i felt the babies kicking inside of me and i knew i had to go in. "he's hemorrhaging!" i heard amelia yell. the monitor was beeping erratically, but then it went back to normal. amelia leaned down to his face. "hey, don't do that again."

after about an hour amelia was able to close. "he's gonna survive!" she yelled to us from the O.R. i smiled. he's gonna survive.