chapter 1- crashing

disclaimer: these ARE NOT my characters! i create my own story after the plane crash chapters and develop the characters how i see fit but other than that all the credit for the storylines goes to shonda rhimes and the writers at greys anatomy. thanks and i hope you enjoy!

p.s. this is my first fanfic so comment what you think!

pov: lexie

the plane started to shake, we all thought it was turbulence. then it started to shake more and make a downward spiral towards the ground. definitely not turbulence.

i felt myself being ripped from the plane. the back of the plane was disconnecting from the rest! i tried to grab onto a seat in front of me, or mark, just something to keep me in this crashing plane. mark reached his hand out, trying to reach me, but it was too late.

i was sucked out the back and as i fought to stay on top of the plane, hoping i wouldn't get trapped, i saw everyone else fall. then i saw nothing, just darkness.

pov: mark

it happened so fast. lexie was started to fall out the back, as i reached out my hand she tried to grab it. all i wanted was to pull her in close to me and fall together. but i just couldn't reach her in time.

i looked at arizona. she had pure fear in her eyes as the plane fell apart in mid-air. i saw lexie falling way below us and derek further over to the side. meredith, cristina, arizona, and i were all falling in the same general area. we all looked at each other and at the plane's shredded parts amongst us. then everything went black.