chapter 17- dinner

pov: lexie

"mark hurry up with the food, dinner starts in 20 minutes!" i yelled from the living room. i played with the ring on my finger. it felt weird but right. like it was meant to be there, i was meant to be here.

"we're here!" meredith yelled as she, derek, and zola walked through the door. sofia and zola ran into sofia's room to play.
"we are too," callie called out as she walked in with arizona. cristina followed shortly behind them and we all sat down to eat.

"okay so we have some big news to share," i started after a few minutes of eating. everyone looked up.
"did you knock her up?" cristina blurted. everyone laughed.
"no cristina, very funny. actually..." i moved my hand onto the table, revealing the ring on my finger.
"oh my god!" meredith squealed.
"we are getting married!" i exclaimed in response. for a while we all drank and laughed and then callie clinked her glass.

pov: mark

callie clinked her glass.
"well i would like to make a toast," she began. "to arizona and lexie because they can walk. to derek who just started operating again, to meredith whose hip is back to normal, and to cristina who is at the forefront of cardio research. finally to mark, my best friend, retired man-whore, who has finally decided to devote his life to one woman."

derek laughed. "yeah little grey, you preformed some sort of miracle to get this guy to commit to one woman."
"hey! i knew how to commit... i just didn't want to," i stated.
"no kidding," cristina laughed.

as dinner came to an end everybody left. callie and arizona took sofia and the last ones to leave were meredith and derek.

pov: lexie

"so meredith... i have a question to ask you," i told her.
"what's up? oooh do you have cold feet?" she asked.
"no. i wanted to ask... would you be my maid of honor?" i questioned her nervously. she smiled and replied almost in tears.
"yes lexie, of course! i thought you'd ask jo or something."
"you're my sister mer. i was gonna ask cristina, do you think she'd say yes?" i asked.
"probably. i mean, once you're in a plane clash together you get a pretty special bond," she joked.
"true," i laughed.