chapter 29- fear

pov: lexie

"mark?" i yelled. i looked over to my right and saw mark, unconscious. "somebody call an ambulance!" i checked for a pulse, it was faint but there. he was bleeding from his head and probably severe crush injuries. i wasn't injured because mark took all the impact. he was so worried about me getting hurt, it was him that took the blow. for a moment, he regained consciousness.
"lex... i love you. you're gonna be a great parent. you can do it alone..." he started to doze off.
"no! you're not dying! you're gonna be a father to these kids. we're gonna have a family. you can't die, you're in me! you're my entire world, so you can't die okay?" i was yelling at him. he barely held his eyes open.
"i'm trying. lexie, i'm dying. i'm not gonna make it. tell sofia i love her... and callie that i'm thankful for her... and i love you," mark took a deep breath and his eyes closed. the ambulance arrived. i started doing compressions and they got him into a gurney while i kept him alive. "get him to seattle grace now!" i yelled.

pov: derek

"amy you could come live with us if you wanted," i told her. she was about to respond when i got a page. 911 E.R.
"i'll come too. looks emergent," she sighed. when we got to the trauma bay callie, jackson, arizona were off to the side crying. meredith, cristina, bailey, richard, jo, kepner and edwards were waiting for the ambulance.
"hunt what's the situation?" i asked.
"shepherd i didn't page you because we need you on the case, i paged you because you need to be here," he turned to amelia. "we do need you." then he turned back to me. "it's mark. he's been in an accident. you can go wait over there with torres, robbins, and avery, but you can't work on this case."
"we get to be in the room!" i yelled. owen nodded and motioned to where i need to be now.

pov: lexie

i was doing compressions for about five minutes before he had a heart beat. "he's got a pulse. it's faint but it's there," i told the paramedics.
"we're here," the paramedic faked a smile and opened the door.
"grey what's the situation?" hunt asked. i took a deep breath.
"he's got a baseler skull fracture and multiple crush injuries. several broken ribs and one might be stabbing him in the lung," i replied. as they wheeled him out of the rig owen looked at me.
"grey what the hell happened to him?" callie yelled.
"car hit his side of the car. he took all the impact!" i yelled back.

they wheeled him into a trauma room and started to assess his injuries. "he's got injuries in the upper quadrant and broken ribs! grey was right, one of his ribs is tearing through his lung and is dangerously close to his heart!" cristina yelled. "we need to get him to an O.R. right freakin now!"