chapter 16- i'm ready

pov: lexie

"do you know when mark is gonna propose?" i asked derek. he paused for a moment before answering.
"w-what would you say if he did?"
"obviously i'd say yes. i love mark... but he's been acting really weird. anyways i'd say yes," i rambled. he took out his phone. i couldn't tell what he was doing but very soon after that he smiled and walked away. that was weird.

pov: mark

my phone chimed. i took it out of my pocket and read the text: big news on little grey- conference room on 3 in 5. weird of him but i guess lexie is on his service today.

"what? what's wrong with lexie?" i asked as i entered the conference room.
"nothing. absolutely nothing. i just thought i should give you this..." he got a red ring box out of his pocket. inside was the ring i handpicked for lexie. "it's about time you use it."
"did you say something?" i asked.
"nope she brought it up all on her own. mark, she's ready." he reassured me. i patted him on the back, grabbed the box from his hand, and ran off to find lexie.

pov: lexie

"lex! come here!" mark yelled from down the hall. i ran over to where he was standing and he pulled me into a closet.
"are you okay?" i asked, a little worried.
"i'm great!" he then pulled something out of his pocket. "so i've had this for a long time, waiting for the right time to use it. i didn't want to scare you away, but i think you're ready now." i cut him off.
"mark" he returned the favor and interrupted me.
"you came into my hotel room 3 years ago and i fell in love with you instantly. you asked me to teach you, but you're the one who taught me. you taught me to love and to care for someone other than myself. i want to spend the rest of my life with you and start a family with you. i can't imagine my life without you, so will you make me the happiest person alive and marry me lexie grey?" i was speechless.
"lex? say something," he pleaded.
"yes! of course i'll marry you!" i yelled. we kissed for a while before exiting the supply closet.

pov: mark

she didn't say anything and i got nervous. "lex? say something," i pleaded.
"yes! of course i'll marry you!" she yelled. this is the best day of my life. i can't believe she actually said yes.

as we walked out of the supply closet i heard lexie whisper something. "should we tell anyone yet?"
"hmm let's tell close friends first and then let it spread. like let's invite callie, arizona, meredith, derek, cristina, and owen to our place for dinner and tell them then," i replied. "i'll tell derek, owen, callie, and arizona. you get mer and cristina."
"deal," she says in response.