chapter 2- barely alive

pov: lexie

all i felt was pain. i could feel my legs, sorta wish i couldn't, but they were still there. i got separated from the others, but i could hear them. i had to let them know where i was. so, i grabbed a seatbelt and hit it against the small fragment of plane wing sitting on top of me.

the wing was crushing my lower half, but it wasn't that much plane. light enough for 3 or 4 people to get off but too heavy for me on my own. i kept hitting that seatbelt against the wing, hoping someone would hear me. with each hit, my arm got more and more tired. then i heard voices! they'd heard me and were coming to help!

pov: mark

i awoke to screaming: arizona. it was ear-piercing, high-pitched screams that would normally make you fearful, but in this instance it was rather comforting. she was alive.

i saw cristina walk over to meredith, who was laying face up looking at the sky. i didn't know if she was alive, but then i saw her stand up. derek was on the other side of the wing arizona was leaning against. everyone was accounted for, except... lexie.

"where's lexie?!" i yelled. meredith and cristina both turned to look at me. tears rolling down there eyes. a soft clinking sound in the distance filled our ears. "it's coming from over there! she over there!" arizona screeched. she then went back to screaming and the rest of us ran to find lexie.

pov: lexie

"lexie! oh my god, are you okay?" derek asked. he was in front of everyone. cristina, meredith, and mark all stood behind him with worried looks on their faces.
"i will be as soon as you get this damn plane wing off of me," i managed to say back. i felt weak, it felt as if death was creeping up on me, waiting to take me away.
"we're gonna get it off, okay lex? we're gonna get it off and keep you alive!" mark reassured me. i knew it was unlikely they'd actually get it off, but somehow when mark said it, i believed it.

"we're gonna run back to the plane and get some supplies so she doesn't bleed out. as soon as we get the wing off her injuries will go into full effect. mark, you stay here with her, okay?" cristina asked. mark nodded and layed down on his chest by my face.

"i'm gonna die, aren't i?" i asked.
"no of course not! you're gonna be just fine, you hear me? just fine!" he replied. he took a long pause. "i love you."
"y-you don't have to say it just because i said it," i told him.
"i do. i love you. i love you. i've always been in love with you, i will always be in love with you. you aren't going to die. we're gonna get married, and you'll be an amazing surgeon. and we'll have 2 or 3 kids."
"so, so-sofia can have, siblings," i manage to say. i could feel it all slipping away from me, slowly.
"we're gonna have the best life together, lex, you and me. we're gonna be so happy together lexie, you and me. we're gonna be so happy. so you can't die, okay. you can't die... because we're supposed to end up together. we're meant to be."
i felt myself being pulled into the darkness. i stared at mark and let out what i believed would be my final words, "meant to be."

slexie: survival of the plane crash ✈️ 💥 जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें