chapter 19- speeches

pov: lexie

i'm married. i'm married to mark sloan, it's a dream come true. after a LOT of dancing and drinking we had speeches. derek, callie, owen, arizona, meredith, cristina, jo, and alex all spoke. derek went first.

"mark, thank you so much for going against my wishes and dating lexie. it's probably the best decision you've ever made. but my god, we've lived to see a miracle people! the mark sloan has actually gotten married. i never thought i'd live to see the day."

then callie:

"like derek said, this is a miracle. as for lexie, i knew you were good for mark from the day you two first got together. he was instantly happier, and when you broke up, he went back on whore mode. it continued in a similar pattern, but there was never a time he was happier than when he was with you. so, mark and lexie, may good fortune come your way!"

owen spoke next:

"when i first came here i was fresh out of iraq. i'd never seen what real love looks like, but then i saw the way you two looked at one another. and i thought to myself: that's what love is supposed to look like. you two never get tired of each other, so i wish you the best!"

arizona:

"i wasn't too wild about mark at first. eh had a reputation for screwing anything that moves. when i first looked at him i never would've thought he could fall in love. then he became the father of my child and i grew to know him. let me tell you lexie, you two are so incredibly lucky. what you have is extraordinary and i hope it never changes."

meredith:

"i grew up an only child, with a mother who was too focused on surgery to keep any real relationships. then i met lexie. i pushed her away at first because she got the dad i never did. i didn't want to know her. but people die from the hiccups and i let her into my life. best decision ever! she lights up any room, and mark you're perfect for each other. there's no doubt about that. but mark, i swear to god if you hurt her, i'm coming at you fists swinging!"

cristina's was basically a joke but it was a sweet joke:

"you got crushed by a freakin plane! little grey you're honestly one of the strongest people i've ever met. you're destined to be great, and mark... well i don't really know. you make her happy and she's like a sister to me, so i will murder you and make it look like an accident if you hurt her."

jo went last:

"lexie and i have been friends for a very short period of time and i'm not sure we've gone a day without her mentioning you. she cares deeply for you and i know you care about her just as much, if not more. you two are living proof love still exists, don't let me down!"