Chapter 65: Pushing Forward

Start from the beginning

L/N: I only killed those that reminded me of Cinder and there were a lot, I'm not gonna excuse my actions and say I was better than them when in fact I became just like them choosing power over everything.

L/N: I treated Asuna and Maria, who gave me this power and treated them like tools not giving a single care about them as long as I got stronger.

L/N: I was like this until that fateful day I lost my memories and the seal on my emotions was destroyed.

L/N: Even when I got them back my emotions still remained and I started changing and the change felt...good.

L/N: I started learning new things and even made new friends and connections that I thought I never had again.

L/N: (forming a small smile) It's thanks to you guys, I made it this far.

L/N: Arc. I'm grateful to have a friend like you.

Jaune: Y-Yeah, it was nothing.

A silence passes between them as Jaune looks up at the sky seeing a dried maple leaf dancing in the air.

Jaune: (sigh) Pyrrha is going through a surgery procedure soon.

L/N: What?

Jaune: When Pyrrha got injured by Cinder she was left in a state that will keep her from walking no matter how much time passes.

Jaune: So, she was given the choice of going through an extreme surgery procedure that if it's a success she'll be able to walk and fight like how she used to, but if it fails.....she could die.

L/N eyes widen in shock as Jaune looks down holding his hands as they shake from fear.

Jaune: I told her she shouldn't do it but she still decided to go through with it.

Jaune: (voice-breaking) I just don't understand it! What's the point of risking your life for things that won't work out in the end?!

Jaune: Wouldn't it be better to do the safe route?! To live a happy and peaceful life instead of throwing yourself in a life of danger?!

Jaune: I just don't....GET IT!

Jaune: I should've been stronger! I should've forced her to run! I-It's all my fault she's suffering like this.

L/N: Arc.

Jaune looks to see L/N looking up at the night sky the stars reflected on her empty dull eyes.

L/N: I told you my first reason for fighting was for revenge but that was how I used to fight.

L/N: Now, I fight to protect all those who are suffering. I know it isn't possible to save everyone especially with all that we've learned about Salem but I still want to keep others safe even if it means I could die as long as I can prevent another person's pain than the cost will be worth it.

Jaune: All for just one random person you don't know anything about?

L/N: Yes. Any person's life is precious even my enemies and if I do have to kill them then I'll choose to take in their hatred and bare with it within my soul for as long as I live.

Jaune: I...I think I understand it.

Jaune: (turns to face L/N) Pyrrha may not have the chance to graduate like us but she will always be a Huntress in my eyes.

L/N: (smiling) Mine too.

Nora: We're back!

Ren: We decided to get you both drinks anyway.