,, - eyes forward, and run ; scaramouche | xiao

Start from the beginning

..

..

,, -

despite multiple warnings from your father, you had decided to follow your harbinger friend scaramouche into the beast mountains atop of the snezhnayan lands, since he promised you very beautiful and interesting monsters and decorations despite the hazardous atmosphere and high acidity of the snowy mountains combined with hail storms and rain.

your father had warned you about the beast mountains before, because as an adeptus, he has ventured around the world. you had told scaramouche all about your father, as you were always very proud of him. adeptus xiao- such a beautiful and amazing name, you were always so proud that you had him as a father.

but then again, not today you weren't.

despite being far too young to understand much about adepti, your father couldn't accompany you to the soaring waterfalls like he had promised, and you had been upset the whole afternoon when he sent you off to play with your mother instead, who unfortunately was also an adeptus, and she didn't have much time to accompany her own child.

"my parents are always too busy for me..." you grumbled as scaramouche led you up the mountains. the cold had hit you countless of times, and you didn't really understand why the frosted snowflakes sliced your skin sometimes; as if it was a papercut. "they're both always saying they will take me out to play..."

scaramouche smiled at you. he always had that pretty smile of his, and you often fell for his charming and handsome looks. his purple-blue navy hair that he would rarely ever let you touch, and he would always hold your hand whenever you got too scared. truth be told, perhaps you may have fallen for him.

oh but if your father and mother knew...

"well, i suppose you can play with me if you really were that bored~" scaramouche said, grabbing your hand and pulling you up a stump. you landed on your feet as he hugged you close. he patted your head. "im sure you'd love to explore snezhnaya right?"

you grumbled and stared up the mountain again. the higher you climbed, the more the snowflakes were cutting against your skin, yet the cut wasn't too deep, and your hydro-anemo vision granted you the joys of healing, so you were alright. "my dad says i shouldn't spend too much time with a harbinger..."

"oh and he's absolutely right," scaramouche said. he placed his hands on your shoulder as he brought his face close to your ear. "after all, the beast mountains are far too dangerous for a little girl like you, maybe we should turn back."

you whipped your head over to look at him. well, even he was looking down at you? your mother and father did that enough, since they were definitely way stronger than you were, and they never allowed you on their battles, not even your mother, who was always soft and gentle and kind.

you didn't want a harbinger like scaramouche to be looking down on you like your beautiful mother did. you grabbed his arm and scowled at him. "i'm 12! i'm pretty sure i can't deal with whatevers up there!"

"so you don't want to turn back?" he asked with a crooked smile. he tipped his big hat and winked at you as he continued to ascend the mountain. "well then, let's get up there."

..

..

"i looked everywhere for her! i can't find her xiao! i can't find our baby girl..." ganyu sobbed, holding onto her husband's hand. she gripped it tightly as xiao looked around jueyun karst, hundreds of miles of green and just general monsters were what he could see, and even though he and ganyu searched the whole land of liyue, they couldn't find their daughter.