,, - red roses with thorns ; albedo

Mulai dari awal

diluc took a bite of the roasted crab and looked over at barbara, who was poking around her mashed potatos. "got a problem there?"

barbara looked up and chuckled nervously, shocked at how she was noticed. she shook her head as she turned her head towards albedo. "i... i am just wondering why you aren't looking too happy..."

i mean you didn't have to bring it up.

albedo shut his eyes and placed down his knife and fork. he let out a sigh and then opened his eyes again. in a split second, he spared a glance towards me, and i caught a wording from his gaze. he was unhappy, but unhappy about what? what on earth could he be unhappy about? was it the fact that we were taking time away from his experiments? would he rather be back in his lab?

"it's just a tiring day, that's all," he nodded towards barbara just to brush off reassurance towards her. barbara sighed in slight relief as she tipped her glass to albedo, and he smiled to her in return. it was a forced smile, i could tell, the type of smile you don't want to give someone but you just have to give so you wouldn't seem rude.

"thats a good thing then~" barbara smiled.

kaeya then wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him slightly. i chuckled as he blew onto my face but brushed the hair that he had blown out of my eyes while he smirked towards albedo. "well 'bedo, you have been working hard, and y/n here decided that you should have some ya know, freedom."

i didn't notice it before, but the moment kaeya started speaking, albedo's gaze just fell. his eyes became more sharp; and his posture stiffened. i didn't know why, but i assumed it was because albedo knew where kaeya was from; and that he didn't really trust kaeya that much.

wait, was kaeya the reason why he was so unhappy?

albedo smiled. his smile was insincere, and he went back to slicing the meat; but this time, his knife cut straight through instead of a few cuts. he managed to slice all his meat in one swift go, and his grip seemed to have hardened every single second. "well, y/n certainly is a party planner."

kaeya smiled and gave my head a pat. "she sure is, wouldn't you agree." he then nudged diluc, and the red haired man chuckled before taking a bite of the lobster.

"sure. why not."

"i dare say that kaeya speaks very fondly of y/n," jean pointed out. right after she said that, the table jerked, as if someone had kicked it from the bottom with their feet. we looked around to see who did that, but everyone looked just as confused.

"uh, is everyone okay?" barbara asked, taking a very hard look towards albedo, as if she knew that he was the one who kicked the table from below. albedo looked at me for a second before turning his gaze towards barbara and shook his head before standing up.

"my apologies, i think i might need to leave," he said, picking up the napkin to wipe off his mouth. i wasn't sure why he did that though, he barely even touched his food.

jean gave a worried look. "albedo, sir, are you sure? do you not like the food?"

"no no its not because of the food," albedo shook his hands dismissively. kaeya then pulled me closer a little to whisper that albedo was acting stranger than usual into my ear. i giggled quietly by how his breath was tickling my ear and right after that, albedo slammed both his hands down on the table, startling almost everyone.