𝟯𝟰 - 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 | 𝗜𝘀𝘀𝘂𝗲𝘀

Start from the beginning

"Morning," Natalie answered before I could say or do anything. "Were you able to sleep?"

"Yeah, Alissa helped me." He murmured, playing with his hands awkwardly.

Natalie held her coffee mug in between her hands, giving Alex a sympathetic look. I couldn't understand her behaviour around him, it was like she knew something was up to him and now she felt sorry.

"Is she awake already?" I cleared my throat, making my way into the conversation even though I felt really out of place.

Fuck, this was so awkward.

"Yes, she said she'd be down in a minute." Alex swallowed, scratching the back of his neck because he could probably sense the awkwardness too.

"D'you want some coffee?" Natalie asked, pointing at the kitchen behind us.

"I don't drink, thank you." Alex gave her a lopsided smile that didn't reach his eyes in the least.

The uncomfortableness was palpable in the atmosphere since none of us knew what to say anymore. Luckily, Alissa decided to make an appearance right when things were starting to get weird.

"Uh, good morning," She pursed her lips, standing next to Alex. "I'm sorry that we're being so invasive, we can leave today-"

"It's okay, really. You can stay if you want to, we're not leaving yet," Natalie surprised the fuck out of me when she talked, so I immediately shot my head in her direction.

She didn't acknowledge me though, or maybe she did but she was just deciding to ignore me. But she really wasn't being reasonable with her answers, it was like her personality had changed overnight and definitely not for good.

"Nat, can we talk in private for a second?" I pulled her in to whisper in her ear, earning a nod in response.

I immediately yanked her to the kitchen, leaving Alex and Alissa by themselves in the living room. I made sure they weren't eavesdropping on us just in case, I really couldn't bring myself to trust them.

"What the fuck?" I whisper-yelled as soon as we were alone, looking at her deeply in the eyes. "What do you mean they can stay?"

"You heard me," She shrugged her shoulders, keeping a bored look on her face. "I want them to stay, so they will."

She definitely lost her mind.

"Who are you and what the fuck have you done with my Natalie?" I clenched my jaw, but she looked quite entertained by my reaction. "Are you forgetting who they are? They aren't on our side, Natalie."

"Alright," She crossed her arms over her chest, chewing on her lips but this time it didn't look like she was doing it out of nervousness like she usually did.

"Alright? Are you being serious?" I widened my eyes.

My head was spinning so much that it was making me dizzy. I couldn't understand what the fuck was wrong with her, why did she suddenly want to let two fucking strangers into the house? She had to help me understand this, fuck's sake.

"Deadass," Natalie formed her lips into a line before turning on her heel and leaving the kitchen.

I stood there with my jaw dropped open and my blood boiling in my veins, trying to understand what the hell was going on. She couldn't keep me in the dark about this type of things, it wasn't fair since we were working as a team now.

I had to take deep breaths to calm myself. I wasn't one to snap much but this was way beyond my judgement. I couldn't stay mad at Natalie though, I couldn't nor wanted to. And so, I left the kitchen.